Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uncle Mikes 3 gun belt

I saw uncle mikes has come out with a new belt designed specifically for 3 gun. The reason it caught my interest is that they say it's compatible with ITW fast mags which is what I'm running at the moment. Does anyone have any experience with this belt? Is it a good stiff belt? I usually associate uncle mikes with cheaper products, but they might have stepped up thier product quality with this one.

I'm looking to upgrade to a competition belt from the rigger's belt i've been using.

Don't know if i want to take the plunge into a safariland els. So i'm looking at this belt, a double alpha or a CR belt.

So for gear, I'm currently running 2 california comp 6 shell caddies, but will be getting a 4x4 AP caddy. A comptac holster, ITW fast mag for my ar mag, and a 5.11 double mag pistol pouch for my glock mags. This has served me well so far, but feel like a stiffer belt would be beneficial in future matches.

The outer belt looks stiff, but the inner looks excessively padded.

The Fast Mag system looks like it just attaches with MOLLE loops - which defeats the purpose of having a stiff belt. Given that an AR mag pouch is about the least important thing on a 3G belt system, I wouldn't buy a belt based on that.

The Safariland ELS system is great if you want to be able to remove/apply pouches as needed - but your gear must use their attachment system to realize that benefit. CR Speed and Double Alpha belts work great without all the doo-dads.

Edited by Dave Gundry