Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tavor

gcambi

Bah! The Tavor is an unproven design at this point. Lots of people wishing for better triggers.

As far as bullpups go, you would be better served by the Steyr AUG at this point in time, IMO...

Mick

Would not call it unproven. It has already been in combat with the Israeli Army and India. There are now two infantry brigades that have replaced their m4's with it. The design of a bullpup rifle is not condusive to speed reloading like we do in 3 gun, It was designed to fit into tight spaces like tanks and APC's and be handy for urban fightiing. It is highly accurate there is a designated marksman version.

Only have 100 rounds through mine so far, but has been reliable and the trigger has smoothed out considerably (used lots of Chip McCormick trigger grease), but dang that trigger is HEAVY! My trigger pull gauge only goes to 10#, and this pull is beyond that. Neat gun, that swings incredibly fast on close-in targets, but more of a fun gun than a competition gun.

Only have 100 rounds through mine so far, but has been reliable and the trigger has smoothed out considerably (used lots of Chip McCormick trigger grease), but dang that trigger is HEAVY! My trigger pull gauge only goes to 10#, and this pull is beyond that. Neat gun, that swings incredibly fast on close-in targets, but more of a fun gun than a competition gun.

Bill, or anybody else who owns one, I'm curious what you've seen from it as far as accuracy goes. Seems like a great design that keeps us lefties in mind, but when American Rifleman tested it, the accuracy results weren't impressive. Might have been due to the heavy trigger?

Bill, or anybody else who owns one, I'm curious what you've seen from it as far as accuracy goes. Seems like a great design that keeps us lefties in mind, but when American Rifleman tested it, the accuracy results weren't impressive. Might have been due to the heavy trigger?

jk: I come from a rifle background, so accuracy is important to me too. The only optics I've had on it so far is an Aimpoint T1, and I've been shooting IMI 62 gr ball ammo, so I'm not really set up for groups yet, but last weekend I put three shots in a row in the x-ring at 100, so I feel like it's accurate but that trigger makes seeing the accuracy very difficult. The people on bullpupforum.com are saying it likes Sierra 77's and a few have claimed 1" 100 yard groups.

jk: I come from a rifle background, so accuracy is important to me too. The only optics I've had on it so far is an Aimpoint T1, and I've been shooting IMI 62 gr ball ammo, so I'm not really set up for groups yet, but last weekend I put three shots in a row in the x-ring at 100, so I feel like it's accurate but that trigger makes seeing the accuracy very difficult. The people on bullpupforum.com are saying it likes Sierra 77's and a few have claimed 1" 100 yard groups.

I love 77's too, ha! I'm not in the market for a new rifle, but if it's grouping like that with 77's (that's what I'm running in my AR) and the trigger pull could be fixed, then I'd definitely put that on the fantasy Christmas list along with a 1x-? variable. Which brings up another question-- does it have enough rail space on the front to put a good optic on it that wouldn't look completely dorky?

I love 77's too, ha! I'm not in the market for a new rifle, but if it's grouping like that with 77's (that's what I'm running in my AR) and the trigger pull could be fixed, then I'd definitely put that on the fantasy Christmas list along with a 1x-? variable. Which brings up another question-- does it have enough rail space on the front to put a good optic on it that wouldn't look completely dorky?

There's a spare trigger reset spring which some people are simply disconnecting which drops the trigger pull to 7-8 lbs. Apparently the Israelis added the extra spring due to trigger reset issues in very dusty ops. Also a few people have had trigger jobs done, so hope is there. The trigger pack is a modular package and there's a few people hitting up Geissele, Timney, etc to see if they'll make a "match" trigger pack.

Lotsa pics on bullpupforum with variable low power optics, and there's a Canadian guy on YouTube who runs low power scopes a lot, here's one of his vids:

Plenty of space for a scope and I don't think it looks stupid, but I went with a T1 due to weight.