Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIY Bluetooth Interface for ProChrono Digital

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tough call. I've asked CE for the commands sent to and from the BT unit and phone. We'll see if they respond! Apart from that, I think the only way is to get a unit and back engineer it. Anyone else have any other ideas to get it going on a DIY box???

• 5 months later...

Has anyone been able to get their DIY Bluetooth module to work with the Pro Chrono Digital Link app, yet? Just thought I'd try to perform CPR on this thread as I know a lot of us are anxious to get our BT modules talking to the app. Could it be a baud rate thing? I would think the Chrono would dictate that, but what do I know. :yawn:

Has anyone been able to get their DIY Bluetooth module to work with the Pro Chrono Digital Link app, yet? Just thought I'd try to perform CPR on this thread as I know a lot of us are anxious to get our BT modules talking to the app. Could it be a baud rate thing? I would think the Chrono would dictate that, but what do I know. :yawn:

I haven't been able to do much with it since my last post. Checking the baud rate is an interesting idea. I guess you could experiment with different baud rates to get it to connect. Otherwise, someone with programming expertise will need to look at the handshake between the two to see where it falls apart. Maybe watching the handshake between the official Bluetooth module and the Android app would reveal something?

elchupacabra, on quick inspection of the software and IMO it looks like the phone is waiting for some sort of command from the dlink to continue. If we knew this command(s) we maybe a step closer. Of course baud rate would also play a part.

Edited by BenOz

• 3 months later...

Well, I nearly got crazy to have the blutooth & serial working.

I bought a Hc-05, which can be both master & slave.

I succesfuly have it answering AT commands (after lots of trial & errors) following this

https://alselectro.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/bluetooth-module-hc-05how-to-pair-2-modulesat-command-walkthrough/

and this

https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/BlueTooth-HC05-HC06-Modules-How-To

using an USb to ttll

Btooth board is "KEYES BT_board_2.0"

UNFORTUNATELY looks like this board can't be set to work at 1200 baud, can change succesfully down to 9600 but nothing less will be accepted.

Edited by Matt939

I succesfuly have it answering AT commands (after lots of trial & errors) following this

https://alselectro.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/bluetooth-module-hc-05how-to-pair-2-modulesat-command-walkthrough/

and this

using an USb to ttll

UNFORTUNATELY looks like this board can't be set to work at 1200 baud, can change succesfully down to 9600 but nothing less will be accepted.

I'm not sure what terminal software/connection you're using, but when I was configuring mine the AT commands typed into the terminal window were not echoed (i.e., you couldn't see what you typed in the terminal window). They also had to be in ALL CAPS and typed very quickly. So, I typed the commands out in a text editor then copied and pasted them into the terminal window. Having said that, from the Guide:

To change the baud rate to 1200bps, type AT+BAUD1 [in the text editor] then cut and paste it into the terminal window. The terminal window will display OK1200 if the command was successful.

If that doesn't work I would take a look at the USB-to-TTL module. As mentioned in a previous post, connecting to HC05/06 chipsets with anything but CP2102-based USB-TTL converters is sketchy.

You might want to check out the reviews on the Virtuabotix BT2S page and their configuration guide for some additional info that could help.

and this

using an USb to ttll

I'm not sure what terminal software/connection you're using, but when I was configuring mine the AT commands typed into the terminal window were not echoed (i.e., you couldn't see what you typed in the terminal window). They also had to be in ALL CAPS and typed very quickly. So, I typed the commands out in a text editor then copied and pasted them into the terminal window. Having said that, from the Guide:

To change the baud rate to 1200bps, type AT+BAUD1 [in the text editor] then cut and paste it into the terminal window. The terminal window will display OK1200 if the command was successful.

If that doesn't work I would take a look at the USB-to-TTL module. As mentioned in a previous post, connecting to HC05/06 chipsets with anything but CP2102-based USB-TTL converters is sketchy.

You might want to check out the reviews on the Virtuabotix BT2S page and their configuration guide for some additional info that could help.

I succesfully get answers from AT commands. I succeed to change baud rate, device name, changing from master to slave and such (the device was answering to AT commands),

But could not decrease it below 9600 (I could set values above noproblem)

I used tera term (for windows), everything went fine.

Before I tried (unsuccesfully) Hyper terminal and others on both windows and mac.

I succesfully get answers from AT commands. I succeed to change baud rate, device name, changing from master to slave and such (the device was answering to AT commands),

But could not decrease it below 9600 (I could set values above noproblem)

That's really weird if you can change the baud rate, but can only change it to 9600 or higher.

You could look into changing the baud rate on the ProChrono side, but at that point you may just want to save your time, spend the $6-9 and get a different manufacturer's BT module.

Edit:

What response do you get from the BT module when you issue the AT+BAUD1 command?

Edited by M852

What response do you get from the BT module when you issue the AT+BAUD1 command?

AT+BAUD1 response is error.

I can change the baud rate with AT+UART=9600,0,0 (setting baud at 9600 or else, setting stop bit & parity bid as you can see in the first example I linked above

Edited by Matt939

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great topic and lot of info here. Just wondering if anyone tried to make Bluetooth link for CED M2 Crono? The main unit has some kind of USB connector and there is a PC app for it too.

I get the App to initially find the HM-10 bluetooth module (after named "Digital Link") on both Android and iOS. But then after going forward to the Shots list, the bottom of the screen reads "Chronograph disconnected". Baud rate was successfully changed also. What am I missing?