Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Second USPSA--I beat some boys this time!

Jensey

I shot my first match in March and met my goal--to finish safely without a DQ. I finished in last place, but I did not care! I was the only female shooter so I joked with the guys that they got to shoot with the top female shooter. I like to joke around. So this time when I showed up I told them I didn't want to intimidate them but the top female shooter was back! Haha.

This time I moved a little faster and I ended up 11th out of 17! I was excited. Last time I shot 24% and this time I improved to 56%! I had said I wanted to be able to hang with the boys, I wasn't going to be happy staying in last place. I was excited to be further up in the field. One stage we had to shoot from 40 yards standing, kneeling, and prone. I had never shot from kneeling or prone, nor had I shot from 40 yards. I came in fifth on that stage. I was proud of that one!! :-)

I had a blast and I'm definitely hooked!!

Congrats, we have several ladies that shoot out monthly USPSA matches. I have only been shooting for several months also. It sounds like you are having as much fun as I am. It is very addicting indeed.

Cool!

Which SC match did you shoot at today? I would assume Spartanburg since the Charleston match did not have a prone stage.

Actually it was last Saturday at Pinetucky in Augusta, GA. I live 1 mile from the Georgia border.

Aiken/Edgefield/North Augusta area? My family farmed there and still have the farm up at exit 18. We have a pretty good group from that area that comes to Charleston for the first Sat of the month match.

Aiken/Edgefield/North Augusta area? My family farmed there and still have the farm up at exit 18. We have a pretty good group from that area that comes to Charleston for the first Sat of the month match.

Yep! North Augusta, just off exit 1! Small world. Where are you located now?

'Jensey', on 18 Feb 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:snapback.png

Ok, I am now the proud owner of a Springfield XDm 9mm!!!!!

Way to go Jensey - I can see you and your xdm are getting along real good! Sounds like you're a natural.

My wife started USPSA about 3 months ago and loves it and is bringing up the rear less and less and is having a blast. When I started last fall, I also was dead last and even had a DQ. I will most likely move up to C next month. If you are not doing it already, you might take some lessons from a Master or Grandmaster and I am sure you will eventually start reloading--if you haven't already!

• 2 weeks later...