Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ELS or CR Belt

tohm

It is time for me to pick up a new belt i have had good luck with the CR belts and due to a dimensional change in my waist i am in need of a new belt. I have looked at some older post and wonder if they are dated. Is the CR still the belt or is the ELS a better system?

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

It all depends on what you're going to do with it. The ELS system is awesome if you need to swap out a lot of gear. Like for 3 gun or if you only plan on having one belt for multiple shooting sports. If you don't need to be modular, any other belt is just as good. AA, CR, ELS, ghost, whatever you prefer will do the same job. Personally i run a AA belt for uspsa and an ELS system for 3 gun.

Thanks, since shooting the three gun matches instead of just the USPSA matches i find my belt not as secure as it used to be. I tried putting some velcro on the inside of the attachments. but today the belt kind of came loose, did not hit the ground but i figure i am pushing my luck and need to get a belt that is more secure (longer). how does the ELS stuff work with other manufacturers stuff like CR pistol mag pouches, Mountain Man caddies and holsters?

I just got my ELS belt today and I think it's awesome. As long as you're able to add the ELS attachment to other pouches, it'll work. I've seen some people modify some equipment to add the attachment. I was able to run some AP custom 4x4 shell holders (along with my Safariland) just fine. Also, since my pistol pouches didn't come in, I was able to use my Blade-Tech one with the Tek-Lok with no problems.

I like the fact that I can tailor my belt for the stage quickly with the ELS system.

Hi Tom,

It all depends on what you're going to do with it. The ELS system is awesome if you need to swap out a lot of gear. Like for 3 gun or if you only plan on having one belt for multiple shooting sports. If you don't need to be modular, any other belt is just as good. AA, CR, ELS, ghost, whatever you prefer will do the same job. Personally i run a AA belt for uspsa and an ELS system for 3 gun.

Same here

Pretty much anything that will take a tek-lok SHOULD work with the ELS system. I haven't begun to mess around with some of the other things like Cali Compet . Works but , hey if you need to, drill a hole!!

ELS works great for me.. One belt.. multiple divisions. I have the belt set up so that I can swap mag pouches between open/limited setup to production.. The ELS plates are also set so that I can use shotgun caddies as well for three gun.. My 014 holster is even set on an ELS fork, so I can swap it to my Ghost stinger which is obviously set on an ELS fork as well. All in all, one belt for all types of competition! Love it!

I looked and Optics Planet seems to have the lowest costs. Does anyone have a better resource for getting the ELS components?

Thanks

Tom

ELS works great for me.. One belt.. multiple divisions. I have the belt set up so that I can swap mag pouches between open/limited setup to production.. The ELS plates are also set so that I can use shotgun caddies as well for three gun.. My 014 holster is even set on an ELS fork, so I can swap it to my Ghost stinger which is obviously set on an ELS fork as well. All in all, one belt for all types of competition! Love it!

How did you mount the 014 to the ELS fork? The holes don't quite line up.

Thanks,

Jemy

I looked and Optics Planet seems to have the lowest costs. Does anyone have a better resource for getting the ELS components?

Thanks

Tom

If you didn't know already, you can get a Safariland 50% off discount card when you renew your USPSA or IDPA membership.

I've been looking into one these and have a question. Is it common to order one size larger like the CR Speed's? They seem to be backordered in my size and I'd like to make sure before waiting for them.

Hi Tom,

This is exactly what I do and love it...

I just called USPSA and should have a card in a week or so. Thank you! I will be getting the ELS it sounds like what i need. Is there any trick to getting the right length?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...