Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger LCR question

Nemesis Lead

I just got a Ruger LCR as a possible carry gun. Took it to the range and she shot nicely (abeit 2 inches below POI at 10 yards).

One thing I noticed......if I shake the empty gun, something is rattling inside the gun.

Do others hear this too? If this is nornal, what is shaking?

I have had one for about six months. It does have a little rattle. I have not taken it apart to find out, however it does shoot well every time i pull the trigger. Mine has the laser 100 percent worth the money. I am going to get a laser for my other carry gun a 1911.

From your owner's manual:

The RUGER®LCR has a transfer bar which is connected directly to the
trigger. The transfer bar safety system provides that the hammer blow can be
transmitted to the firing pin only when the trigger is pulled all the way to the
rear. This is a positive internal safety feature. NOTE: The transfer bar is allowed
some movement within the fire control mechanism so that the trigger pull is not
affected. Due to this necessary “play” in the transfer bar, a shooter will
sometimes hear the transfer bar “rattle” when the revolver is shaken. This rattle
caused by the play in the transfer bar is completely normal in the LCR

Well there you have it! Thank you gentlemen!

Does anyone know how makes lower front sights for the LCR? I was going to start filing, but figure a new sight might look a little better than a butchered one for resale purposes.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, Ruger tries to get the sights to hit POA at 25 yds. That's true of the bigger handguns. I assume also for the LCRs. I also have one with the night sights, and their sight alignment is altogether different so my apologies if my information is incorrect.

If I'm not mistaken, Ruger tries to get the sights to hit POA at 25 yds. That's true of the bigger handguns. I assume also for the LCRs. I also have one with the night sights, and their sight alignment is altogether different so my apologies if my information is incorrect.

What do you have on there now? Mine came with the Xs bib dot night sight on the front and works great, might be worth looking into.

This is very true. My son in-law has one with the XS big dot. The manual describes the holds for that sight and it was spot on the money for his. I could get all upper A/B zone hits with it at 15 yards with very little effort. I can do that with my J frame but not near as fast and it requires much more effort. Put a Big Dot on it and learn your holds at 10 yards and farther. Shorter than that it's just "easy".

I have carried my LCR for two plus years, every where, everyday. I believe legally, that you should just leave it stock, as is, from factory. If you really do have to protect yourself with it, you might have issues with an altered/enhanced carry gun. It's a bad breath gun anyway.....if you cant smell their bad breath, don't shoot.

• 8 months later...

I have carried my LCR for two plus years, every where, everyday. I believe legally, that you should just leave it stock, as is, from factory. If you really do have to protect yourself with it, you might have issues with an altered/enhanced carry gun. It's a bad breath gun anyway.....if you cant smell their bad breath, don't shoot.

I don't know. I think this gun works best with a laser grip sight.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From your owner's manual:

The RUGER®LCR has a transfer bar which is connected directly to the
trigger. The transfer bar safety system provides that the hammer blow can be
transmitted to the firing pin only when the trigger is pulled all the way to the
rear. This is a positive internal safety feature. NOTE: The transfer bar is allowed
some movement within the fire control mechanism so that the trigger pull is not
affected. Due to this necessary “play” in the transfer bar, a shooter will
sometimes hear the transfer bar “rattle” when the revolver is shaken. This rattle
caused by the play in the transfer bar is completely normal in the LCR

That is cheating sarge, as my wife tells me, men never read the manual. We needed to discuss this to death and call Ruger before finding out the reason. Mine does not have that rattle since it has a Zev like trigger installed. I like my Ruger LCP though.