Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vinci

P.E. Kelley

Just a little news from a new Vinci owner.

Picked up a 30" Super Sport and within minutes of assembly put 250 rounds down the pipe in the
pursuit of 5-Stand clays.

1st. Flawless operation.
2nd noticeably softer shooting than with my M2 or SBE Super Sport. (others had the same feeling)
3rd. For 3-Gun the Vinci has to be one of the easiest guns for the "home smith" to prep for our
game!
The modularity of the Vinci allows for superior access to the loading port. The loading port is
part of the trigger group/ forend / mag tube housing. This housing is made of "plastic" and is
easily modified with simple hand tools. The other cool part is...it is NOT the FFL serial numbered receiver that you are cutting on! Just a replacement part (probably not cheap but no FFL required to replace) Check the photos.

Great finally let me post words, but now no photos All options are greyed out.

p1557205332-4.jpg

p1557205316-4.jpg

p1557308416-4.jpg

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Patrick,

Does the lifter stay up ala the Nova - or operate more like the M2/SBE?

Not just like, but as in the photo its normal position is up a little.

BTW - I see that XRAIL markets an extended magazine tube for the Vinci. Does anyone else have one?

No, but who needs someone else when you got the original…from Mark Roth!

Me too. Probably going to buy one this week since several are available on gun broker. I saw how Benny Hill was testing one, but never saw any conclusion. I want to know more about this port flaring and if anyone might be doing a slick bolt release extension.

So........if the gun in the picture with the ext tube has a 30" bbl and the tube is longer than the bbl. Wonder how many rounds it holds??

Barrel looks shorter than 30" to me, but maybe it's an optical illusion.

BTW, I have intrigued by the Vinci for 3G ever since I saw Jeff C at the last Ft Benning 3G with one.

The "carbon fibre" finish is a Vinci Super Sport 30" for clays.

The one that has the loading port modified is a 24" As is the one in the photo showing the entire gun.

The gun does not NEED a bolt release…it can be released with a pinky finger!

Opening the loading port is easy. Take your time and do it in several increments.

No need for "specs" or worries of structural integrity. It is a plastic unit that houses the trigger, bolt release and mag tube and all three of those are easily removed from said plastic housing.

"At the heart of the Vinci Speed-Bolt is the In-Line Inertia Driven System, utilizing Benelli’s new Speed-Bolt – a bolt inset with tungsten, designed for faster cycling and handling loads as light as one ounce—and that means less recoil and muzzle climb. Experienced tactical competition shooters appreciate and value less recoil and muzzle climb in terms of getting on target quicker after the first shot. The next shot can be taken quickly and efficiently, which is critical for scoring winning times."

Whereas most of the custom shotgun builders are lightening the bolt, Benelli's speed bolt appears to be "extra heavy" from the factory. (assuming that "inset with Tungsten" means that it is heavier than the factory bolt.) Not really sure that I understand that formula, but I am no doctor.

It looks like a few speedbolts are starting to hit the market. I'm trying to wrap my head around the tungsten part of it too especially if it is the same inertia system as an M2. Maybe Pat or Kurt can shed some light on the subject.

Speed Bolt, my guess as to how it works...

The inertia system of the Benelli works on the principal that when the gun recoils to the rear the free floating bolt carrier does not move with the gun and that instant of non movement compresses the large, very powerful spring in the bolt assembly and when it de-compresses it drives the bolt assembly to the rear. Making the bolt heavier may cause the recoil spring to compress just a little more, which would drive the system to the rear much faster when it de-compresses.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. :)

Vinci is in between m2 and a versa max. Imagine u wanted something right in the middle and that's what it feels like. I'm waiting for the super Vinci to get mistakenly dropped of in a friends hand like the Vinci? Thanks Kurt and pat

I just ordered one this evening. 26" black. Had trouble with the RCI website ordering tool, so I guess I'll have to wait for business hours to get the tube ordered. Now to come up with a jig for the Dremel tool.

Has anyone tried to clean up the back of the Vinci trigger guard to imitate the Super Vinci? I'm wondering if any other mods are needed to the trigger, or is there plenty of empty real estate under the guard...

Speed Bolt, my guess as to how it works...

The inertia system of the Benelli works on the principal that when the gun recoils to the rear the free floating bolt carrier does not move with the gun and that instant of non movement compresses the large, very powerful spring in the bolt assembly and when it de-compresses it drives the bolt assembly to the rear. Making the bolt heavier may cause the recoil spring to compress just a little more, which would drive the system to the rear much faster when it de-compresses.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. :)

This is correct. Heavier bolt -> more inertia and spring compression.

It's been a while since I shot a Vinci, but the ones I shot had a very unnatural reach to get to the trigger. I wonder if they're addressed this in the grip angle...

Nope,it's evil.

Got mine yesterday. Spent today opening up the loading port a bit. I cannot figure out how to get shells to load smoothly as I could with my SX2. The loading port is much "taller" if that makes any sense. I feel like I will have to take a ton of material away to get it to look like my other gun, but I don't want to go too crazy just yet.

Edited by waktasz