Hotchkiss

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

3,203 posts in this topic

I've had similar issues with federal cheapo ammo, lot of bolt out of battery being driven down by the hammer to an annoying click. 

I've never had that issue (so far) with Remington GunClub or their next grade up (Remington Clay and Field?)

Having looked at some of the Federal shells that I had to eject, I'd say current federal ammo is trash, some had plastic run over the "brass", some  the base is all sorts of uneven and chewed up, for some the crimp is slightly bulging, etc.  It may be that the Stoeger chamber is less forgiving of this sort of thing or maybe other people are having issues too and not complaining as much, but changing ammo has solved the issue for me (so far)

I have 2 M3000's and the Federal bulk packs are hit or miss with them, one gun was firing them no problem then after a while it started to have the "click" every so often. The other gun had more failure to fires. I have ditched the Federal ammo and have gone to Remington Gun Club, 1 1/8 loads and so far they have been good. I have not had any failures since switching. Buying the Remington per case is about the same price as 3 packs of the bulk Federal and you know they will fire. 

Thanks Guys, I will try picking up a few boxes of Gun Clubs to confirm and then buy them by the flat.

I was hoping to use different colored shells for my birdshot vs slugs (I am using the full power Remington Sluggers atm).  But would like to try out some Fiochhi's, I haven't had good luck with other low recoil slugs from Remington or Federal.  They either don't hit the broad side of a barn or don't cycle.  But I guess I can find something that will work.

Only one of the matches I shoot currently ever uses slugs, the other one is strictly bird shot.

Edited by JohnnyD