Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

When I ordered the MOA kit for my bolt release and she'll stop I removed the shell stop and this pin fell out. I believe it was under the bolt release button between the spring. It's the same depth as the button. Is is needed? The YouTube I watched on install didn't mention it. 19b5f16f4ba4cfe5f31f845d004a0408.jpg

Second, I took my M3000 in to get the port opened up. The guy opened it up down to the lettering, and said ATF requires the manufacturer's name and country designation be left intact like the S/N. Is this true? I see lots of people are cutting into it. I think I'd like to cut down farther, but being new to 3 gun don't want to over do it.

I keep catching the second shell on the top of the magazine tube when loading. Do I just need more practice or should I open the port further forward towards the magazine tube?
2eatd1w.jpg
168zdpv.jpg

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I ordered the MOA kit for my bolt release and she'll stop I removed the shell stop and this pin fell out. I believe it was under the bolt release button between the spring. It's the same depth as the button. Is is needed? The YouTube I watched on install didn't mention it.

It rides inside the spring thats under the latch you swapped out. Thomas @ MOA said it's not needed and some come in without them anyway. Apparently it's to help w a death jam

Has anyone used a speed bead or rear sight for the M3000/M3K?  The M3500 has a speed bead, and the stocks for the m3500 and m3000 seem to be the same.  I am hoping to use the shotgun for night hunting.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, Dust said:

Has anyone used a speed bead or rear sight for the M3000/M3K?  The M3500 has a speed bead, and the stocks for the m3500 and m3000 seem to be the same.  I am hoping to use the shotgun for night hunting.

Fit my 3000 perfectly.

1.thumb.JPG.dc27a678df49d240625dcab7a0bbba4c.JPGburris_thumb_jpg_01d00c71aebdf3cd137ac29733e7e578.jpg.a7c4fdea16f467acb2f9d6d7180faae4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My M3K just came back from MOA Precision.

Loading Port opened, extractor slot polished (it needed it !), shell catch polished. Cost including shipping was about $160. Turnaround time was about 3 weeks door to door (quote was 6-8 weeks).

Really happy with the quality of the work and the obvious attention to detail.  

shotgun.jpg

Edited by DesertTortoise

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I cleaned my M3k today and now my forend is loose. Is this common? Extension tube nut is as tight as possible but it moves forward and back about a cm which is significant and it didn't before I cleaned it. 

Any ideas?

Loosen nut reassemble .......

make sure upper and lower are  proper

sure not technical.  But had same issue.  Took it apart and reassembled and viola'  ... Tight fit.    

I took it apart like 5 times and put it back together and still has the same issue. I even took off the extension and used the original nut and still. I am going crazy as it moves and I have no idea what could be causing it. The barrel is seated properly. I guess I wiill try again tomorrow. I spent 3 hours tonight trying to see what would be causing it but I have no idea. 

MOA did great work on my 3k. I think their package deal on the 3000 is a great option too.

Shotgun takes some getting used to but im learning that it's more fun to shoot a shotgun FAST than the rifle or pistol.
Maybe its the exploding clays and falling steel

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I picked up a m3000 turkey a few weeks ago after reading this entire thread. Got parts from MOA, polished/ tweaked everything based on the feedback from theses threads. Im having a problem with failure to fire a chambered round or sometimes failure to eject the empty. Mostly not firing a chambered round, 1 or 2 out of 25 usually.   Hammer falls, hear next round on carrier but no bang. Bolt is closed and roated in place. Read all the threads about polishing the tube, burs on springs, cleaning the grease out, ammo that won't work, ammo that should etc...... have ran win AA, STS, federal, all 1 1/8 3 dram plus some reloads that are approaching 1400fps all have same issue. Couple other post with the same issue looking for help, didnt ever see a resolution??? Thinking about doing some minor adjusting around the fence post if I don't get this figured out....as far as break in period, I'm over 500 rounds through it. 

What am I missing, any suggestions??? 

Thanks. 

No expert, but you take the bolt apart and check the inertia spring? Some have shown broken inertia spring in the 3000, and switch to the Benelli Spring or just replace with another Stoeger one. Just a thought?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spring is good, or at least it's not broke. 

Completely broke it down again yesterday and went through it again. Polished a couple other contact points but still couldn't find any obvious issues. Dry cycling the gun feels super smooth, nothing catching or slowing the bolt.....frustrating. Didn't get a chance to fire it yesterday.

thanks. 

The miss fire you are describing is commonly referred to as "Benelli Click" on this forum, and you might try searching the few posts that discuss the issue. Basically is seems the bolt isn't going completely into battery, or is bouncing back out of battery upon the bolt slamming forward then back out of battery. My M3K has done it once, with about 500 thru it without cleaning it, just a wipe down and lube when new. Went home and cleaned it thoroughly, paying close attention to the carbon build up around the lugs. I disassembled the bolt, cleaned it all and lubed with Lucas Extreme duty gun oil, and a light coat on the magazine tube. Since the cleanup I have put about another 200 thru it with no issues. 

The FTE issue maybe a slight hang up of the ejector. Some had a rough finish on the channel where the extractor rides in the bolt. Polishing with a jewels file, light sand paper, etc. seems to fix this issue. A few have switched out to the Benelli extractor,and spring because of the sharper profile of the Benelli part and heavier spring.

Once again no expert or gunsmith, just trying to help you figure out the issue. Steve Rose or others might chime in and have a solution as well...B)

Question for you guys, I shot 3gun on both days this weekend.

I mistakenly tried to run the Federal Field and Clay Loads (I think thats what it's called, Walmart bulk 4pks) and I had a lot of failures.  I had to rack out shells multiple times that were chambered and when I pulled the trigger all I got was a click.

Switching to Remington 1oz Game Loads I only had this happen I think once or twice out of about 125 rds.  It was happening about once every 10 shots with the Federal.

What things should I look into to diagnose the problem?  Or is it simply just the ammo?