Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Manny Bragg Holster Retention

hitman_usmc

Just received a new Manny Bragg "futuristic" holster for my Glock. It's full of screws and bolts but most seem to just be holding the holster together. It holds the gun fine with the lock on. However, turning the lock of there is zero retention other than gravity holding it in. It won't fall out forward due to the pieces on the bottom holding the rail on the frame, but it takes absolutely no effort at all to remove it upward. Seems like a there should be something to get slight retention even when unlocked. I previously used Ghost holsters with SVI guns in the past and there was far better retention when it was unlocked. I almost scared to walk with this holster. The holster did not come with any instructions, anyone have an idea or is this just how it is?

I Have This Holster. You Can Not Knock It Out By Walking. The Only Way To Get It Out Is Like You Said, Lifting It Up, Or Jumping Up And Down So That The Weight Of The Pistol Is No Longer On/In The Holster. That's Also The Beauty Of This Design. It Makes for One Super Draw. I Also Always Put The Lock Back On After Each Stage Just In Case I Run Into A Table Or Post ThatLifts The Pistol. Keep Playing With It, It'll Grow On You And Youll Get More Confident With Its Retention.

It's not going to hold a glock as well as a steel framed gun because the magnetic rollers have nothing to stick to on a plastic frame. I just got mine and it definitely "sucks" the gun in the holster. It's jiggles a little bit unlocked, but seems to hold it well.

• 6 months later...

I am thinking of getting this holster for my STI but have a question to you all that have used one. How do you handle awkward starts that might apply upward pressure such as sitting starts?

I am thinking of getting this holster for my STI but have a question to you all that have used one. How do you handle awkward starts that might apply upward pressure such as sitting starts?

I put my lock bar on position 2 with any holster on a sitting start. I just catch it with my middle finger on my draw and it comes out clean.

Just like Nox said... I just bought one of these holsters, I have not used it in a match yet I have practice drawing and there is 3 position switch lock down then locked with switch out easy to flip and up witch is unlocked... I'm coming from a CRspeed this holster is way smoother

Just like Nox said... I just bought one of these holsters, I have not used it in a match yet I have practice drawing and there is 3 position switch lock down then locked with switch out easy to flip and up witch is unlocked... I'm coming from a CRspeed this holster is way smoother

I concur with the two prior posters, I love the holster and have not had a problem with it other than the allen heads seem to be metric. Or at least that was the only wrenches I could find to fit. It you do order one, order the hip pad that goes on the bottom. It really makes a difference.

I wound up taking mine apart and flipping the bottom plate around so the holster rides in front of my hip bone. I draw out front which is where my hands naturally fall. It made it easier, and ultimately faster since I didn't have to change my draw around to match a new holster position.