Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Favorite Quote Got Me Banned

bountyhunter

My wife gave me a shirt that had my favorite saying on it. I put it in my signature block on another forum, and it ended up getting me banned because somebody "took offense".

The saying was this:

My wife says she is a motivational speaker...... I just call it nagging.

If that is offensive, all I can say is you don't have the sense of humor you need to make 33 years of marriage like we have.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read your post like five times, I'm still trying to find the offensive part. What got you banned? I highlighted over the gapped areas above and below the wife motivational speaker sentence to see if you hid it in white font, but there wasn't anything there. Is it linked somewhere else or something I'm missing?

I read your post like five times, I'm still trying to find the offensive part. What got you banned?

You're not missing anything. Apparrently some PMSer took offense and the moderator "sent me a warning to immediately remove it from my signature"..... and he sent it to my old work email address that I haven't been at for five years. Then he banned me. It's actually a lot like being in an argument with your wife.... the damage is all done by the time you figure out what you said WRONG. Edited by bountyhunter

I read your post like five times, I'm still trying to find the offensive part. What got you banned?

You're not missing anything. Apparrently some PMSer took offense and the moderator "sent me a warning to immediately remove it from my signature"..... and he sent it to my old work email address that I haven't been at for five years. Then he banned me. It's actually a lot like being in an argument with your wife.... the damage is all done by the time you figure out what you said WRONG.

Sounds like you're better off without them (the forum that banned you). F' them if they can't take a joke.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...