Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My G19 build (dont see many of those on here)

hysupra

Whats up guys? New member here and just wanted to show you guys what I’ve been working on. This is still a project in the works but it's still a great shooting pistol and my favorite out of all my others. Right now I am in college so I don’t have any left over money to spend on it, except on ammo. I haven’t shot any matches yet but I really hope to do so this season. Well here she is, hope you guys like it.

G19 Gen 4

Polished stock barrel

Gen 3 Zev stainless guide rod/ with adaptor

13lbs recoil spring

Zev Lightened firing pin

Zev Titanium safety plunger

Zev spring kit

Just about everything in the gun is polished making for a real smooth action

My own trigger job resulting in a 2 pound pull and absolutely no pre/over travel

My own stipple and frame work as well

Optic is a Leupold Deltapoint with the 7.5 moa triangle

Glock052_zps3a670726.jpg

Glock056_zpsfc683dad.jpg

Glock058_zps4b5d913c.jpg

Glock067_zpse7c44cbc.jpg

Glock077_zpseecbf6ec.jpg

Glock061_zps3cbad7d1.jpg

Sorry for the horrible pics guys, I'll work on that next time.

Thanks for looking

Rob

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Richard, I still havent figured out all the settings on these new DSLR cameras. A buddy of mine messed with it and its never been the same I feel like.

Next Im planning on doing a Zev magwell, KKM threaded barrel, And either the carver or Zev comp then It'll be finished.

I know is a 19 and all but I shoot very well with it, and cant afford a 34. I was shooting next to a guy with a 2011 open gun with a sideways C-more, and was way more accurate than he was. Even at 25yrds using my junk plinking reloads.

I was shooting next to a guy with a 2011 open gun with a sideways C-more, and was way more accurate than he was. Even at 25yrds using my junk plinking reloads.

He must have been a horrible shot.

Heres a target I shot a long time ago when it was just polished, 3.5lbs connector, Zev spring kit. Target was at 20yrds and I was 21 with my first pistol.

2010-09-16_15-50-45_151.jpg

Sorry never really need to take pics of recent targets.

You'd be surprised at how many people dump huge amounts of cash into guns they can't shoot for shit. Last time I was at Alpine Range here in Texas the guy next to me was running a huge nickel plated 44 Magnum, 8 inch barrel, scope, standing at 50ft he couldn't hit the 14" of paper the 10" ring was printed on. I was laughing so hard I had to leave... Who cares what gun you run as long as you shoot it well.

Steve

It's a cool build but you are going to run into some issues when you shoot matches. The dot is going to put you in open class and to be competitive you will want to shoot major power factor. In order to do that you will need the KKM and comp. In the meantime though you could throw the rear sight back on and get some great practice in L-10 or Limited minor before jumping into open class

Nice work on that Glock 19. As to your Picts...The cameras menu should have a rest option that brings all settings back to factory settings (which is how you most likely bought it). As to background, a solid color bedsheet (towels have too much texture for my tastes) gives good contrast and if you can, add some indirect lighting. $5.00 says you can find other photography hints using google, or bing.

I shoot the Gock 19 in production. Love the firearm. Thinks it's the best 9mm, pound for pound, Gaston Glock ever made.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Ill work on updating the pics tomorrow. Ill be getting a little wild tonight for the VCU game.

I was a little worried that I couldnt make major with the short G19 barrel. What do you guys think?

I was a little worried that I couldnt make major with the short G19 barrel. What do you guys think?

You should be fine with barrel length. Run somewhere around 7.0-7.3 gr autocomp and a 124-125 jacketed bullet at 1.14 OAL and you'll make it.

Thanks Speedemon, Im saving up now for the comp and barrel package.

There are a lot of comps on the market right now. Do most of them perform about the same? Is there that big of a difference in 5 port comp to an 11 port? I feel like 11 is a little over board.

Hmmm... just read the whole thread again. I can see where various options were mentioned but I don't see where the OP knows to not run a load mentioned on here in a stock barrel.

Sounds like you guys have it all worked out. :cheers:

Thanks Richard, I still havent figured out all the settings on these new DSLR cameras. A buddy of mine messed with it and its never been the same I feel like.

Next Im planning on doing a Zev magwell, KKM threaded barrel, And either the carver or Zev comp then It'll be finished.

I know is a 19 and all but I shoot very well with it, and cant afford a 34. I was shooting next to a guy with a 2011 open gun with a sideways C-more, and was way more accurate than he was. Even at 25yrds using my junk plinking reloads.

You are correct in saying he did not specifically state he would not run +p+ loads through a factory barrel but, If you re-read the quote I posted with my comments it is clear a KKM threaded barrel is in the future for this Glock 19.

Thanks guys, I didn't have to explain myself again. I personally would never run +p+ in my stock barrel even for home defense.

How many shots are you guys getting out of ur KKMs before replacing them?

Thanks again to everyone for the imput.

My own trigger job resulting in a 2 pound pull and absolutely no pre/over travel

Have you checked your drop safety?

Yes Sir, I've smacked that thing around as hard as I could with snap caps chambered.

Have you checked your drop safety?

Yes Sir, I've smacked that thing around as hard as I could with snap caps chambered.

I would love to know how you did that, if you don't mind sharing.