Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which brand lubrication are you using ?

cecil

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I use medium slide glide on the slide and receiver rails. Also use it on the upper barrel lugs on slide and barrel. I use SGlide on the aft top of the barrel. CLP is used on link and the portion of the barrel that moves through the bushing. Been doing this for years with good results.

Having worked as an engineer in the manufacturing world, mostly engine manufacturing, I had a lot of exposure to lubricants. Think about this. What moving parts in a gun can't be found in an engine? In fact the piston in an engine sees far more temperature extremes than any gun. What's the best oil to use in an engine? Synthetic, especially if your not prone to changing oil regularly. Most critical parts in a gun are sliding parts, again similar to the piston in an engine. Using Synthetic engine oil is your best bet and won't be affected by temperature change. As suggested by some of the posts, Mobil 1 is readily availabe and cheap compaired to some of these over priced lubes.

Edited by Azoneonly

Mobil 1 5W30, don't care for grease on a tight pistol in the 1911/2011 platform.

Mobil 1 stays till the next cleaning which is easier than removing grease.

Quart is a little over six bucks. Give it a try hard to beat.

+1 for the Mobil 1 5W-30