Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Toe ... Ughhh!

Chris Keen

Shot the lights out at practice Monday night, and was doing my celebratory dance Tuesday after seeing the scores, and I broke my middle toe!!! :rolleyes: Nah, I'm just kidding, I was running to greet the Big Brown Truck guy at the door with my primers and accidentally kicked the coffee table so hard I think I actually saw spinning Texas Stars! LOL :)

Actually it was the 4th toe from the Big Guy. Not my pinky toe. And not the middle toe. So what is that called, my "ring-finger-toe"? Ha ha ha.

Just got home from Urgent Care, and the meds are starting to kick in already! I got to see the X-ray myself, but of course the Doc said there isn't much we can do for you except to just stay off of it for 3 or 4 days, and NO RUNNING for 4-6 weeks!!! :angry2: WTH? I said but that's what I do best! LOL

Can't even load bullets for a few days cause it involves standing for prolonged amounts of time. Nor can I dry-fire much. I suppose I could practice my seated table-starts!!! LOL Oh well, guess I'll get caught up on my correspondence. Now where are those Congressmen's Mailing addresses at? I'd like to give them a piece of my mind! ;)

Edited by Chris Keen

Tape it to the toe next to it, use Arnica on it, and try to not overdo it. It'll heal, but it'll hurt for a while too......... and yeah, seated table starts sounds like a good idea. :)

Thanks, I'll try taping it. I heard that from a co-worker today too. Might as well try it, since I've got some medical tape & nothing else but time!

Don't know what Arnica is tho.

Tape it to the toes on both sides and splint it with a Popsicle stick. Two years ago I broke my toe as an RO at Iron Man. I still managed to shoot the second match with the broken toe and I didn't even come in last place. Now that was rough, shooting iron man with a broken toe.

It depends where the break is and the angle of the break as to whether you tape it

or not. I broke my little toe on the first day of our first cruise (kicked a lounge chair).

I could not tape it to the next toe. I could walk fine with flip flops or bare footed. Saw

my doctor when I got home and she said because of the location and angle of the

break we could not tape it. It killed me but I had to take a week off work:). Then

came back to work with cuts in my shoe beside the toe and it was fine after that.

I have broken my right pinkie toe several times in the past year. Just when it gets healed, WHAMMO! It is now funny looking. Hurts all the time a little bit, but I have just gotten used to it, and I guess it will eventually just get better, or I'll have it removed.

If you tape it, do so lightly. You don't want to restrict the blood flow.

About 2 years ago I caught the edge of a door frame with the little piddy toe on my left foot. Looked down and it was pointing 90 degrees out to the side. Before I even thought about it I bent down and straightened it out. I almost passed out from listening to the snapping and grinding as I put it back in place.

And yeah, rub some dirt on it.

:lol:

Wow, there must be something in the air. A couple of week ago I broke my right pinky toe on a step ladder my wife left out. I took off couple of days from work but since then I have made the over quarter mile trek up the hill from the parking lot to my office. By the time I get home all of my toes are swollen to twice their size. I didn't go to the doctor this time, but i think I may have to...It isn't the pain that concerns me but my whole foot shouldn't be swelling up like that.

The thing is, last year I broke my left toe on the same step ladder. It took 6 weeks to heal. That time I did go to the doctor and all they did was xray it, tape it and give me one of those sandal/booty things.

I should have married a taller woman... :rolleyes:

LOL Thanks guys! :)

And yes I took care of it. Urgent care was great .... <_< ... ok fine ..... ok about as fine as an Urgent Care can be. I could tell they don't do a whole hell of a lot if they don't absolutely have to!

And yes the pain wasn't so bad. In fact I lived with it the rest of the day, and all night long. It wasn't until the next morning when I noticed it was all swollen & BLUE that I decided I better have it looked at!

I taped it snugly to the next toe, but it didn't help much. And I've been keeping ice packs on it when possible to reduce the swelling. But mostly I just try and stay off it.

Kevin: I'll get it done today!

Brad: What was that guy's name? Stefan? Chopper says: HTFU Stefan!!! LOL :roflol: