Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any new 1-6 or bigger scopes?

RickeyT

Just got word that my scr-11 should be here in a few day so it's time for a scope. As of right not it will be a vortex hd 1-6. Has anyone seen anything new from shot show that I should hold out for or get instead...? I did see that nigh force released a new 1-? But don't remember what the price was... This will be for 3 gun and other fun stuff ; ) also no swaro just can't justify the 1000 price jump...

Thanks again

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont know about the US Optic yet.... Ive looked through two different US scopes and haven't been impressed for the price.... They are nice but I would pick other brands in the same price range... Ill have to see if I can find one to look through. Shootingchef have you ever looked through a vortex 1-6? If so what made you choose the ss HD?

When I got my JP LRP-07 I ordered it with a Swarovski Z6i scope and I absolutley LOVE it. This scope will handle anything from Point Blank to 600+ yards with NO Problem, and the glass is Crystal Clear, might as well be High Def. It is a little expensive but well worth it.

I got the new Bushnell 1-8.5 and really like it. So far illum is bright enough to use one power like a dot and ffp allows use of mils at any power. Still like my 1-6.5 as well but will take the extra magnification.

Do you mind telling where you got it from? price? does the increase in the reticle throw you off as you focus on distant targets (>300 yds)? Any extra info about this is appreciated! Thanks

I agree jevan126 the swaro is nice and i do like the reticle in the swaro better then the vortex but don't know that I like it 1000 more....

YES it is better.

So I assume you bought the swaro....?

• 2 weeks later...

Noted an earlier post about the new SWFA 1-6, has anybody else tested/purchased one?

The FFP with the doughnut @1x looks interesting but was curious at what power it was no longer visible.

I got this scope, for the specific reason that I have been shooting an EOTech with 5x magnifier and I wanted to move to a variable scope. So, I wanted the 1x reticle to be as similar to my EOTech circle/dot as possible.

I've had it out for a few practice sessions and one match now, and I really like it. At 1x, the doughnut is great; smaller than the EOTech circle, but bigger by far than any other FFP 1x I have seen. Right at 6x, the outer ring completely disappears and you just have standard crosshairs/stadia with an illuminated central section. The match had targets out to 300yds and the 6x reticle was easy to use. Also, for the first time (since my previous setup was 1x or 5x with nothing in between), I took advantage of intermediate zoom on a 40--50yd rifle stage. It was my best stage of the match, hosing all ten paper targets at about 2.5x.

Most of the scopes I have tried in the past are about 3.5"--3.8" eye relief. The SWFA 1-6x is just over 4", meaning it sits a little farther forward. I used a Bobro cantilever mount, run as far forward on the receiver as it will go, and it works well. The eyebox is a little more forgiving than the Bushnell 1-6.5x, I think (I have used both but not side-by-side), though I expect more expensive scopes are even better than that.

What I can say is I bought it for the reticle, and I am quite pleased.

Here is the reticle at 1x:

post-16509-0-50784200-1363811720_thumb.j

Edited by CJW