Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any new 1-6 or bigger scopes?

RickeyT

It'll be hard to upgrade from the Vortex 1-6 you have now. I really like my Swaro Z6I BRT, but my 1-6 Vortex is right there with it in terms of speed, clarity, illumination, and glass quality. I trust the Vortex enough that it's currently mounted on my M4 here in A-Stan. If I could only drop in a decent trigger to replace the crappy MILSPEC, I'd be all set.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About to add a second AR15 this weekend; I'm not sure why...it's not like i have surplus ammo...

Am researching the Vortex 1-6 right now...would you fellas know who sells it at the lowest price? Thanks!

Every where I looked for a Vortex 1-6 HD had about the same price $1399.99, a few places were higher. I found one by accident on ebay for a little less that was returned by customer.

They are in stock at several places, both Brownells and Nordic Components have them in stock and are forum vendors.

Thanks all...hopefully I get to run into one soon...would like to see it in person before jumping on it.

Anyone happen to know if the vortex 1-6 illumination is brighter than the leupold 1-6 horseshoe reticle?

Ouch...that Leopold is not cheap...heh. I have heard the Leopold reticle is not so bright...in full sunlight...

Edited by Jin

It'll be hard to upgrade from the Vortex 1-6 you have now. I really like my Swaro Z6I BRT, but my 1-6 Vortex is right there with it in terms of speed, clarity, illumination, and glass quality. I trust the Vortex enough that it's currently mounted on my M4 here in A-Stan. If I could only drop in a decent trigger to replace the crappy MILSPEC, I'd be all set.

Besides optics - what all do you guys or can you guys provide or have to provide for yourselves? Whats what and how does it work?

may want to be more specific with your question.... Im not sure what your trying to ask...?

Fullauto_shooter has provided his own scope in Afganistan, I'm wondering what else they use their own instead of military issue on.

Have you guys looked at the US Optics SR8 with the bright reddot? I played with one outside on a sunny day and the dot was very bright. I ordered one with the new 3gun bdc type reticle they are coming out in the next couple of months.

Besides optics - what all do you guys or can you guys provide or have to provide for yourselves? Whats what and how does it work?

The Army provides pretty much everything we need. Being a "gun guy" I'd certainly choose a different rifle and pistol set-up if I had the option, but everything we have is certainly servicable and "good enough".

I chose to use my personal Vortex 1-6 (with LaRue Mount) to replace the M68 CCO I was issued. I'm fortunate that I've been around the Army long enough that no one questions my non-standard scope - if a young Soldier tried the same thing he'd stand a good chance of having a well-meaning NCO get in his ass. Our AO is mostly mountainous and typical engagement distances are "way out there" so the issued red-dot wasn't optimal. The Vortex lets me leave the binos back at the FOB since I can check out an area with the scope on 6x if needed.

The Army provides pretty much everything we need. Being a "gun guy" I'd certainly choose a different rifle and pistol set-up if I had the option, but everything we have is certainly servicable and "good enough".

I chose to use my personal Vortex 1-6 (with LaRue Mount) to replace the M68 CCO I was issued. I'm fortunate that I've been around the Army long enough that no one questions my non-standard scope - if a young Soldier tried the same thing he'd stand a good chance of having a well-meaning NCO get in his ass. Our AO is mostly mountainous and typical engagement distances are "way out there" so the issued red-dot wasn't optimal. The Vortex lets me leave the binos back at the FOB since I can check out an area with the scope on 6x if needed.

Thanks for the info, I'd wondered how much or how little personal gear y'all were using over there. And Thank You for your service.

Take a look at the Leopold VX6 1-6x24, US made, $900.

I have both scopes currently. The leupold is a very nice scope but the reticle choices leave a lot to be desired. Comparing the two side by side the Vortex is better in pretty much every conceivable way except the weight. The construction of the Vortex is amazing. The way the turrets and illumination knobs work and are set up are awesome. The reticle seems to be ideal for 3gun

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

has any one tried the nikon M-223 ? i did not see this one mentioned in all of this. i am looking for 2 new scopes one for 3 gun and one for STC ( sports mans team challange) to put on my 22 for this game. i would like them to be the same just ffor ease of use. and the 22 will be used mostely under lights or at dusk with odd lighting.

all input welcome before i buy any.

thanks ]

john b