Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P 15-22 hand guard modification

Zmego

I have a 15-22 that I use for tac rifle/3-gun practice and speed steel. As of late I am trying to have it mirror my actual 3-gun rifle as much as possible. I have the same stock, grip, and trigger on both rifles. What I would like to do next is install the same free float hand guard that I have on my other rifle.

Has anyone done this? I have read up on it, but it sounds like a pain. Let me know your thoughts on if you found it worth it or not.

I hated the quad handrail on mine and replaced it with a small diameter Nordic one. It's not hard to do but you do need to get the barrel nut tool and barrel vice to remove the S&W barrel nut. I also needed to buy the tools to install the new barrel nut and the hand guard.

• 3 weeks later...

fa4d5d6a79aa4f40e97680b93bafce86.jpg

M&P 15-22 on the left. Saber Defense M4 on the right. You need to go to Tacticool 22 web page and get the necessary tools and barrel nut adaptor. I would do some reading on it on the M&P forums first since not all hand guards are a direct swap. I had to machine my barrel nut adapter for the Troy hand guard to line up properly

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Edited by Sigma05