Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speed Holster for Buckmark 22

BASTi.GWAPo

Hi Guys,

I have been searching the internet and the forum for a speed holster for my Browning Buckmark, but I can't find any. Some posts here in the forum are suggesting to contact people who customize holster. But what I am really looking for is a speed holster because i am planning to use my buckmark for training and practice.

I was wondering if you guys might have some ideas like jimmy rigging other holster to fit the buckmark. The first one in my mind was the "ghost" holster for glocks, since i think the size of the trigger guard of glocks are close to the size of the trigger guard of the buckmark? I am not sure though, i just eyeballed it and never really run through a caliper. I just haven't bought the ghost holster yet since i don't want to spend money on something that might not work later on.

But anyway, if guys have any suggestion or recommendation on how I can accomplish this, i would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

I have modified an old Limcat holster to work with Buckmarks, so the Ghost holster probably could be modified.

Black Dog Machine/Tactical Design Labs/Tactical Solutions (I'm not sure just who makes it), have a Kydex (?) holster for the Ruger MkIII that will work with the Buckmark. I have one and it fits my Buckmark with a C-More and Alchin mount. It is not a perfect fit, but it is functional.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/429568/tactical-solutions-belt-holster-ambidextrous-ruger-mark-i-mark-ii-mark-iii-22-45-kydex-black#ReviewHeader

Blade-tech also makes a holster for the Buckmark, but I haven't been able to find it listed anywhere, so you'll have to call them to order it.

Thank you for your response, Ming the Merciless!!! I know I saw one of those kydex holster for Ruger at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple weeks ago, but didn't get since no one can confirm me if somebody had tried it with their Buckmark and worked. Now that you've mentioned it, I am going to give it a shot.

Thanks again!

The Blackdog one works with the Alchin mount and Cmore. It needs a little dremel work though. The front of the Alchin mount has square corners that will need to be angled and some of the ribs in the holster need to be ground away. Works great then, as well or better as with the Ruger

Sean at Power Factor Shooting also has a holster for the Buckmark.

I cannot find it on his web page. Is this a special order item?

BTW, even though I don't own one these holster, I was told by a BE member (and I verified with the folks at Hogue) that their Universal Speed Holster works with the Browning Buckmark.

BTW, even though I don't own one these holster, I was told by a BE member (and I verified with the folks at Hogue) that their Universal Speed Holster works with the Browning Buckmark.

I tried to order that one from PFS and some mag pouches and was told that the company that made them lost interest.

I had a CR Speed for my Buckmark which worked well.

Brookers

Hi Brookers! Do you mind sharing a picture of your BM holstered in a CR Speed? Coz, I thought of that before, among other speed holsters too, but I am just really too scaredy cat to try it since i never really heard of anyone else tried it before.

Although I already bought the suggestion that Ming the Merciles suggested, the holster for Ruger Mark III, it still needs some dremelling so i would be able to draw smoothly, but i think it would fit. I still wanted a speed holster style. ;)

Thanks in advance for the picture!!! ;)

B'rgds,

BASTi

Hi Cy Soto!!!

I tried the Hogue Universal Speed Holster, bought it from MidwayUSA, and it didn't work for me. It wobbles a lot and won't hold the BM. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but never spend time fixing it. I just returned the holster to MidwayUSA.

B'rgds,

BASTi