Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 front sight height and replacement

nmcferro

Can anyone tell me the exact front sight height on a factory 9mm. I lost my calipers in a recent move and would like to replace my FO front sight with a new skinny version from Dawson Precision. Also, I have heard these are difficult to replace because the original sight is in there so tight that it is almost impossible to remove. Any truth to that rumor?

Just go to the Dawson or Springer site and order the front sight replacement for the factory blade. The factory front sight will not come out easy. I two pound hammer and punch will take it out in 2 seconds, if you don't want to keep it. The new sight will slide right in, with just a little bit of fitting. See the Dawson videos.

I did one with them and it was the .225 - just looked at it and cost is about $39. Says for fixed rear but adjustable can take care of that. I got that info from Springfield Armory when they would not sell me the old front off their stock.

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000D02-1278688015 is the link that will take your there. Shot 30 matches with it and seemed to hit ok.