Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell funnels

I think Ralph is the only one making an AR magwell.

I had one of his on my rifle but it wouldn't work with the Surefire 60 so I took it off. Since I started using that mag I haven't needed to do a mag change.

I had one of his on my rifle but it wouldn't work with the Surefire 60 so I took it off. Since I started using that mag I haven't needed to do a mag change.

Same here. Awesome mag, just no steel cased ammo or it'll puke lol

• 3 weeks later...

Todd, a guy in my squad at the Topton Rifle Championship last September had a nice steel or aluminum magwell that slid on or clamped on & would accept the SureFire mags. Forgot to get the name of the manufacturer, but if you want one I could ask around.

Todd, a guy in my squad at the Topton Rifle Championship last September had a nice steel or aluminum magwell that slid on or clamped on & would accept the SureFire mags. Forgot to get the name of the manufacturer, but if you want one I could ask around.

His name is Gerry 607-753-3905 CNC made, perfect.

Is one better than another? The Arredondo is on sale, thinking about getting one for my 3G AR

Where are you seeing it on sale?

Hey Matt,

When I was looking a few weeks ago I believe it was Midway that had them on sale. Be sure to google for coupons if you buy.

His name is Gerry 607-753-3905 CNC made, perfect.

Sounds right, thanks! It was a nice looking piece of kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for the interest in my magwell. It's machined from aluimium blocks . And works with the Surefire Mag.

And with other mags. Does need some minor fitting to some AR recievers. Best way is contact by e-mail at

gbcustom@gmail.com.

Thanks again,

LoneRanger

The Arredondo doesn't work with my coupled mags either, does yours?

• 4 weeks later...

I just don't see the need for a mag funnel on an AR. Reloads are seldom if you chose your mags well and when you have a mandatory reload stage I find it faster to use coupled mags where mag funnels do more harm than good in my experience.

Pat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I can speak for everyone in just asking that it comes out as a true RED. Likely that most would prefer more of matte finish.

Just not reddish pink...

Edited by wgj3

• 2 weeks later...