Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MM Titegroup Results - Thanks

moonshoxx

I loaded 147 zero fmj rn with 3.5 TG 1.14oal. Shoots real soft but i had a few function issues. Some failure to fully go back into battery and the Brass barely fell out of the gun. Do i need to bump up the powder? Change the spring? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I shoot a 5.25 xdm

• 4 weeks later...

What is your crimp? Take you barrel out and do the drop tes. Are the rounds dropping in and out of the chamber freely?

I loaded 147 zero fmj rn with 3.5 TG 1.14oal. Shoots real soft but i had a few function issues. Some failure to fully go back into battery and the Brass barely fell out of the gun. Do i need to bump up the powder? Change the spring? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I shoot a 5.25 xdm

• 2 months later...

If you are going to shoot IDPA/USPSA then you will need to up the powder charge a bit. The minimum PF is 125000 (IDPA) or 125 (USPSA). You are running 124950 and that will get you a DQ. I suggest the you aim for a velocity of 905fps.

Thanks for all your information guys. I loaded up my first batch and ran through chrono

147 Bayou Bullet

XDM 5.25

1.135 - 1.140 OAL

3.0 Titegroup - 5 shot average was 890

Try increasing your load 0.1 at a time and see your grouping... say 25 yards bench... you will notice greater accuracy between 3.3-3.6 gr...just my 2 cents...

The minimum PF is 125000 (IDPA) or 125 (USPSA). You are running 124950 and that will get you a DQ. I suggest the you aim for a velocity of 905fps.

How are you figuring that? I get 890 x 147 = 130830.

Mike

I guess I punched in 850. Oops!