Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Excellent video tips from "The Great One" himself.

Jman

• 2 months later...

I went to the range and everything is alot better. I adjusted my grip to get more of my week hand on the gun. It seemed to make all the difference in the world. The only other thing it could have been was changing my wore out recoil spring. Looking over my sights also helped to see you can slap the trigger and not jerk the gun off target. The TGO video really opened my eyes. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

The Torso target drill where you just start shooting with a par time and speed up until you lose control of the shot placement has been an eye opener for me. If you are not tracking the sight you just can't do it. There is a part where he says just shoot one shot just to see how high the gun climbs over the target. If you can't see that, then you can't track the gun and you can't control it. Then the idea is to control the recoil so it doesn't' climb so high. Then do it faster and faster as long as you can track the sight, and call the shot. I probably put 200 rounds into the head of my piece of steel the first time I shot that drill and it was amazing how much faster I got at putting the second shot on target.

Before this I could either have good splits or good hits. This helped a lot at getting both good splits and good hits.

I love and hate videos like this. On the one hand you learn a lot and you admire the skill. On the other hand, you look at yourself and wonder what you need to do. Or, maybe, thats the whole point of it all.

I watched this video a while back (I think about a year?) and went to the range, shot some ammo, and thought: Got it. So a year-ish, probably 50k rounds, and and two A cards later..... I realize that I should go back and really try to get this. See all you need to see, obviously I am not doing this yet.

• 1 month later...