Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Panic buyers

Paul-the new guy

Paul,

Yes, that is probably true. I got caught without any primers, powder, etc before the 2008 election. Afterwards I vowed never again and have been buying primers, powder, and bullets regularly since and now don't have to worry about panic buyers, shortages, etc.

I thought I couldn't stock pile, but I bit the bullet so to speak several years ago, and whenever I bought primers, I bought 5K at a time. Now I have a few years supply of small pistol. I guess we will start loading 5.56mm when and if this thing settles down, and I have time to start tracking down some small rifle by the case.

I thought I couldn't stock pile, but I bit the bullet so to speak several years ago, and whenever I bought primers, I bought 5K at a time. Now I have a few years supply of small pistol. I guess we will start loading 5.56mm when and if this thing settles down, and I have time to start tracking down some small rifle by the case.

My last order was 60K. 15 of that was for me. 20 was for two other shooters. The remaining 25 was split by 8 people. Now when I break open the last sleeve of small pistol or rifle I order another 10 to 15 of that size just to keep a constant supply on hand. I have been down to less than 1K on a couple of occasions as I waited for my order to show up. Panic buying being what it is right now I might have to bump my threshold to less than 10K on hand when i place my order.

Can you blame those that are panic buying? You know the phrase, "If you snooze, you lose," well it's true. That's what happened the last time and I had to wait ten years until normal prices came back to earth.

+1. Given the atmosphere these days, even before last weeks horrific events, expect demand to outstrip supply for quite some time. Unfortunately that means ordering well in advance of when the compenent inventory approaches zero.

Read my nickname. You can catch me once, but not twice. It is hard on people who rely on being able to buy suplies to run their business, and yes it will put people out of business if it lasts long, but can you really blame people trying to secure arms and ammo. I hope this wakes people up about the importance of it everyday.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Worse than the panic buyers, are the guys trying to stock up now, so they can re-sell at a rediculous price later.

Why hate them Sperman, you should love them! The guys stocking up at today's prices will be the same guys selling all their gear to you at a loss when the rent comes due.

We have let a few threads ride that drifted into politics during the past week or so. We've (Moderators) also talked it over as a Team.

We are completely and utterly done with the political talk here on this forum. Please don't start another thread on it, don't drift a thread in that direction, and don't participate in a thread somebody else might slip in or drift.

Thank you.