Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single point vs. dual point sling

I used the Magpul MS2 sling with their back plate on my 10.5" m4 entry gun. It's pretty nice but there is no control of the rifle once you let it go to transition to a handgun or need to go hands on with something. Got in the way a bit when fast roping. I put a forward mount on the rail so I could unhook it from a single point and make it a two point for fast roping which made it a lot better. I recently switched back to a two point sling from Ares Armor. I'm much happier with it. It adjusts extremely quickly and keeps the rifle from banging into your legs/knee pads when transitioning.

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/aahuskey2pt

The primary advantage to a single point sling is that you can switch sides without any problem. You can also shift it to the side and let it hang.

There are ways to twist it when you release it so that it will stay in front of you but if you start to move too fast, it can swing and put the boys in peril.

I used a Magpul MS2 sling for a tactical rifle configuration for a class and really liked it. Particularly since you can rapidly switch it between single and dual point.

I've taken it off because I really have no need of a single point any more and was planning on putting it up for sale along with some other stuff after the holidays. If you are interested, PM me.

Single point if you are shooting an SBR and actually entering to clear a room (which is never). Two point sling for everythjng else, including 3gun competition. I recommend a good old V-Tac.

V-Tac is easy to adjust and has the most adjustability. I thought the magpul sling would be cool, but the slide buckle never worked very well. I gave up on it and went to the Vtac.

Single point if you are shooting an SBR and actually entering to clear a room (which is never). Two point sling for everythjng else, including 3gun competition. I recommend a good old V-Tac.

V-Tac is easy to adjust and has the most adjustability. I thought the magpul sling would be cool, but the slide buckle never worked very well. I gave up on it and went to the Vtac.

This ^

Single point is for a workin mans gun.

I also use the Vtac and recommend it for 3 gun

What about the vickers? Pros and cons vs a vtac?

Larry Vickers' VCAS is a good sling that allows for one handed adjustment, but it does not have the range of adjustmentthat the VTAC does. Properly set up, the VTAC allows you to snug the rifle against you cross-body style in front or back. The VCAS has a limited adjustment range that is established by the size of the forward loop.

If you want the best of both worlds, get the non-padded VTAC and put HK style snap hooks at both ends. You have a quick 2 point or single point. Very MS2 like, but more user friendly in the adjustment.

Kuan

I have a blackhawk single point and VTAC 2 point sling. The single point sling lived its life on 7.5" gun. The VTAC is on my 18" Larue. I like the 2 point sling better for my uses, but as said above "the workin man" would probally like a single point better, especially if he is holding his gun 99% of the time.

I am a really small frame, 5'7" 130 lbs, and the vtac offered the most adjustablility.