Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a really fun match. I wish the weather reports would have warned that mornings in Mississippi would be "buggy" in addition to foggy, but what can you do? heh.

Thanks for the great time. See you next year!

I enjoyed shooting production..... wish I could have had some more trigger time before the match but its definitely given me the urge to shoot at the production nationals...

May 2009, my adopted Alabama shooting family talked me into going to my first USPSA match after just starting the sport unclassified, I'm a Mississippian and a proud one to know what a fine match you guys do for the sport right here in my own state.

Congrats to the staff for all the fine work and hats off to the sponsors for their generosity at the prize table.

On a side note, that first year in 2009 I started, seems like I was able to sign up just a few weeks before the match and get in....my how times have changed.....

Another great MS Classic in the books.

Big thanks to Steve, for doing a wonderful job his first time with the reins. Even adding in online squadding and Practiscore didn't seem to monkey up the works at all, so props for a well run match.

An equally important shout out to Big Mike for drawing up some really awesome and fun stages, and for the work crews who did such a great job putting them on the ground. Thanks as well to the staff for running them so well-- except that Stage 3 crew, with their fancy hats and proud ways...

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I can't begin to thank our guys & gals over here enough for all the hours and work put in. And the good folks that traveled in to our little town and helped with all the work as well. We had many from across the river, down south and various states that came in to help work. The good folks in this crazy sport of ours are truly what makes it. Seeing everyone shooting and enjoying themselves makes it well worth it for all of us though!

Looks like we need to up the crawfish another 100 lbs, according to T'Beaux's calculations. :goof:

Again, my apologies for Stage 3. Actually talked to Kevin (another one of our good folks here) this morning and those dang lollipops will be fixed next week some time.

Of all the props we had...... :angry: THOSE are the culprit.... whodathunkit!

Thanks to the competitors that worked with us and had patience while we fixed a few things that went awry for a bit. We had nothing but great cooperation, understanding and kindness from everyone. It is much appreciated.

I'm glad everyone had a great time, and hope to see everyone back next year! Hopefully the plans for expanding a little bit at our home range will work out and we can accommodate a few more shooters.

Don't sweat stage 3. Anyone who's set up very many stages at all knows sometimes it takes a few squads of shooters to find your refs, shoot throughs, or broken activators. But given that stage 3 was my best stage of the day, and I found 2 no-shoots on stage 1, I sure wish I could pick the stage to throw out!

Seriously, the stages were a great mix of challenges, the staff was top notch, and the Sat night crawfish, music, and beer are the standards every sectional should strive to meet. Great job!

It's also nice to shoot a match where kilts are so common, they go unnoticed.

Is it too early to submit my app for the 2014 classic?

BB

Edited by bbbean

Stage 3 getting tossed is no big deal. The rest of the positives to the match so outweigh a little prop snafu that it's hardly worth mentioning.

The stages in this match were really, really fun. The amount of work to build the handcuff stage, the trap-door stage, etc was substantial! Thank you! The coordination to have all of the shooting done in time for a live band to play and for a proper crawfish boil to take place was also really, really impressive. You guys know how to run a match.

I wish I could have stayed for awards, but time didn't permit it. Next year I'll find a way to stick around, for sure.

In the meantime I'm really thankful for all the work the organizers and the MD put into the match. You guys are the reason this match sells out so fast, that's for sure.

Stage 3 getting tossed is no big deal. The rest of the positives to the match so outweigh a little prop snafu that it's hardly worth mentioning.

The stages in this match were really, really fun. The amount of work to build the handcuff stage, the trap-door stage, etc was substantial! Thank you! The coordination to have all of the shooting done in time for a live band to play and for a proper crawfish boil to take place was also really, really impressive. You guys know how to run a match.

I wish I could have stayed for awards, but time didn't permit it. Next year I'll find a way to stick around, for sure.

In the meantime I'm really thankful for all the work the organizers and the MD put into the match. You guys are the reason this match sells out so fast, that's for sure.

Yeah, it sucked but we did everything we possibly could. You can rest assured it won't happen again at that match because of that reason. Or any stage I work. Ever. Edited by spanky