Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gordon Davis has passed away

dillon

Wow! I will let those I know who lost touch with Gordon over the years the sad news. I remember my father taking me to his shop after a match one day. He was very personable, and would sometimes shoot at the Rainbow 2nd Sat match held by Bill and Dorothy Hahn. He made my first inside the pants holster and several of my first competition leather/holsters.

RIP Gordon.

I met Gordon around 1982-83, shooting with the Orange Coast Practical pistol club on the range in Coto de Caza (long since closed down). He was always quite personable, and it was fun to see him trying out prototypes of his new designs at the matches. I remember seeing one of his more popular holsters (the California Challenger, I think it was called-I had one for a while) about a year before it came on the market.

I've still got my Usher International crossdraw holster, and a Davis belt (which doesn't fit any more). I like that he used to stamp his work with "G. WM. DAVIS MAKER"; always thought that was really cool.

Well if any of the angels need a rig they know who to call.

TJ

This is hard to read----I had been told that Gordon was doing better and that in fact he would be at the SHOT show last year, although I never saw him. Like JimmyZip, I was one of the Oceanside Combat Pistol League devotees of Bill and Dorothy Hahn (like 2nd parents to us junior USMC officers in the mid 70's). Gordon was a wonderful and talented person---we're diminished by his passing. RIP my old friend.