Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA RACER VS RACEMASTER Opinions.

jonb.

I have settled on either a DAA racer or racemaster. 3 options have presented themselves to me.

1st I can get a racemaster brand new from shooters connection just the way I want it RED.

2nd I can get a racemaster used from a buddy Its pretty well used but still functions fine not the color I want for 150

3rd I can get a racer new in red.

Whats my best option?

What are your thoughts in regards to racer vs racemaster?

Yes I have used the search only about 2 came up in regards to this similar topic thanks.

Okay, right up front, I don't own either of these holsters, so my opinion is strictly about new vs. used and color selection. I think that unless money is the deciding factor, you should go with new, in the color of your choice. Its always nice to open the package on a new toy and enjoy the unblemished surfaces and crispness of the unused. And, if you are going to spend that much, you might as well get it in the color you like the most. After all, you are probably going to be wearing it for a while. And if I was going to buy one, it would definitely be RED!!!!! Race on!!!! Doug

I've had both & sold the RM after I got the Racer. The Racer is more adjustable & allowed me to get the gun in a better place. Also, it's more comfortable than the RM; rounded plastic instead of aluminum corners digging into my thigh.

I'd recommend the Racer if you have no use for the interchangeable block feature.

I haven't tried either but I emailed Saul a while back as I am kicking around which one to go with. I would suggest doing the same, he was very responsive and answered all my stupid questions. He said that the Racemaster is a little more rigid (made of aluminum v. Plastic) and has the external tension adjustment. The Racer is better if you are worried about the finish of the gun (Racemaster has some contact with the aluminum) or the cost.

The last thing he mentioned was that both are good choices but if money isn't a consideration, then go with the Racemaster.

I am going with the Racemaster.

How do you register for a discount?

email shooter's connection and tell them you are a benos forum member. they will hook you up so you see special pricing when you log in to your account at shootersconnection.com