Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Really weird problem with netbook

kamikaze1a

Hi,

I have an issue with my Win XP netbook and I hope I will be able to describe this strange screen problem accurately.

I had this netbook for a while and rarely turn it off, usually just close the cover at the end of a web session. A few months back, I turned it off and then the next time I turned it on it started acting weird but not sure if it had anything to do with the power cycle.

The issue is, whether using IE, Chrome or in Control Panel, when I scroll down, the center stays put and only the bottom edge scrolls. When I scroll up, only the top edge scrolls. Sometimes, if I click on the bottom start bar it will correct but not usually.

Also, when a small window pops up like installing software or save to which folder the edges and text shows but the inside of the small window is transparent and I can see the screen behind.

I did virus scans, error check, defrag, check for updates, power on/off with no resolution.

Any ideas? Thanks

• 7 months later...

So if i understand you correctly - when you scroll your web browser - the center of the webpage stays put and the bottom of your display shows the web page scrolling?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your display driver? Let me know if you still need help with this.