Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I so hate Texas stars!

NicVerAZ

They have never really scared me. The first time I ever shot one in a USPSA match about 7 years back I actually had the best time on the stage and that was when I was just a low C class shooter at the time. I was accurate but slow. Now they are even easier. I own one and have shot it out to 35 yards.

Pat

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm an anomoly. I haven't ever had issues with Texas stars. I just shoot them, I don't worry about them bring the "dreaded Texas star". I get psyched out by long shots at stationary targets. Those are my Texas stars.

I've only shot 2 matches, one of them having a TX star

I really enjoyed it, probably because I shot it well (lucky first try) but I liked the change of pace.

It did take a little longer to set the stage back up though. There were 21 steel total.

Being a Texas shooter, we shoot this target in just about every match. For quite some time I moaned and groaned about having to shoot it. Finally got it under control and then we got two of them set side by side. That was pretty hard to get in your head. But just when you thought it was safe to go back outside came the true killer. Each on of the two stars had one plate painted. One was RED and on the other set one was GREEN. Yep start and stop plates. Try that some day. Bring some Jack for when you done.

If I wanted to buy one to practice with what vendor is the cheapest?

Not sure which is the cheapest, prices I have seen range from about $500.00 to about $750.00. Dependent on options.

There is only one real Vendor for the Texas Star, GT Targets. I say that because he owns the rights to build and sell it. He purchased those rights from the original designer of the Texas Star. It is the best design and well worth the money. Why give your money to some one who has stolen the design and doesn't have the honor to do business the right way.

WWW.gttargets.com