Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many club matches do you attend each year?

CHA-LEE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many and not enough at the same time...if I attend all the matches we have (3-4 a month) I burn through components like way too quickly for timely replenishment as well as precluding doing any of the other things I like to do on my one day off a week, at the same time it's probably not enough to get me to a little higher placement in the match results, since matches are pretty much my only practice, too.

I've been shooting USPSA for about a year and shoot one local match a month, sometimes two. I come away from each one with plenty of feedback to drive my dry fire and weekly range trip the following few weeks. I think that shooting more matches would slow my progression. The year I'll also shoot two Sectional and one Area match as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I only shoot at the local club level but in 2013 I participated in the following matches:

USPSA = 8

NRA Action Pistol = 6

Steel (Centerfire) = 10

Steel (Rimfire) = 3

Multigun = 1 (had to leave early, DNF)

GSSF (Glock) = 1

Rimfire Bowling Pins = 5

IDPA = 1 (what can I say, had to try it once)

Cowboy Action Shooting = 2 (used to shoot up to 45 matches/year until someone pointed out they made guns AFTER 1900)

Total = 37 for 2013

Not bad for an old guy. Not very good but I enjoy the hell out of it.

Jake

I used to shoot one every week. I now do live fire practice 2 to 3 times a week, and shoot a club match every other weekend.

My progress has sky rocketed. I use club matches as assessments of what needs to be addressed in live fire and dry fire practice sessions.

Edited by JaeOne3345