CM 03-05 Paper Poppers

Flexmoney

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kooi, Roger 52 A Open 46 0 5.53 8.3183

This one is fun! The C/D on the right hand target was my demise. I went steel first (Lto R), then R to L on paper after a mediocre reload and poor grip on the gun. You can't drop 4 points on a 50 point stage :(

Here's one classifier where shooting revolver might make the decision-making easier. Shoot the steel first, and go on to the paper after the mandatory reload. By the time you're done the paper, you can see if you have to reload again to pick up a popper. Of course, we don't have the advantage of all those extra bullets. Any other division, I'd shoot paper first, so there wouldn't be the possibility of leaving a popper by doing a fast reload before noticing you left one standing.

Shot this at my last match...

Production Div.

50 pts.

12.14 sec.

4.1186 HF

USPSA website is showing 48.8419%

This classifier gave me the 4 I needed for my first classification, I'm only a 'D' Production shooter for now, gotta start somewhere and I'm having loads of fun and meeting lots of super nice people...:)

I shot this at the same match as Nick.

Limted- Major with the Glock 35

50pts.

6.06 seconds

8.2508 HF

USPSA shows this as 83.1683% nationally.

I shot the paper first.

I had a slight bobble on the reload and I took an extra shot on the steel...called it, so it only cost 0.17 (if I recall).

Looks like they are looking for all 50 points in 5 seconds for 100% in Limited...seems about right.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres one from the other end of the scale :P

First match, first time shooting steel, second stage I shot. (ever)

production

43 points

16.86 seconds

1.9573 HF

23.2113%

I shot the paper first and went blazing thru the steel (thats what I get for watching the open guys shoot the stage first) anyway I went thru 2 mags getting the steel down :wacko:

man it was fun B)

• 2 weeks later...

I think this might be the new Grandbagger classifier. Shot it for the first time today, my usual crappy draw to the left paper, Alpha-Charlie, transition to the right for two alpha, throw a reasonable reload and realize (after shooting Bianchi matches for the last two months) that the circle on a popper at 11 yards is HUGE compared to a plate rack. Six poppers, six called shots, and I got to watch a lot of steel still falling when I was done shooting.....

48 points in 8.xx (I think 8.06) seconds for a 5.9553 HF.....

which should work out to about 70%......

Production C

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's just a hair on fire, hosin stage. Great fun!

I'd highly recommend shooting the paper first. I wouldn't want to have shot the steel first and be half way through my reload realize that there's a popper still standing.

Production w a SIG 226

50 PTS

6.14 sec

8.1433 HF

That ought to factor out nicely.

• 1 month later...

Shot this one for the first time today, Limited B. Good fast COF, like an inverted "Bang & Clang". Drew to the right paper so I could reload and work the poppers left to right.

49 points, 7.26 seconds. Made up one mike on the 3rd popper. Not enough awareness to call the mike (damn it) but enough presence of mind not to interrupt my cadence and finish the last popper before returning for the make up. The RO noted that I turned up the pace after the the mike -- it wasn't deliberate, I "knew" but I didn't heed. It would be interesting to see what happens If I ever quit being my own worst enemy -- well maybe I am beginning to reconize it while its happening.

Brass Rat

I was happy with this classifier.. I shot L10-minor with my Para LDA 9 and managed 48 points at 8.68 secs with a HF of 5.53. It was probably one of the cleanest classifiers I'd shot in a long time. The absence of no shoots is probably a good thing :D

Vince

• 2 weeks later...
If you know how did you find out?

You go thru the post...see what somebody else got for a hit factor (in your division)...then see what they post that the hit factor came in at nationally.

Given that data, you should be able to do some match and figure out what the high hit factor is nationally. Compare yours to the hiogh hit factor.

Or if you are really into it.

Build a spread sheet

Every classifier is on a row

Columns include Hit Factor, USPSA Precentage, Estimated High Hit Factor

Divisions are on seperate tabs

Estimated High Hit Factor is computed =sum(Hit Factor / (USPSA Percentage / 100))

Then do a Google search for the classifier name and some of the column headings from ezwinscore.

Once you find a club that has shot a classifier

you can find an individual USPSA Number then

Copy their Hit Factor into the spredsheet

Then look up their percentage on the USPSA web sight and

paste that into your spreadsheet.

It only takes 10 to 40 hours to find and enter all the classifiers.

Of course

Sometimes the High hit factor changes

My CM03 tabs are pretty sparsly populated.

I don't have that much time anymore

Shot this today. Started on steel left-to-right, reloaded, took paper right-to-left. Limited run was great, though I hesitated taking the first paper, had a jam on the steel array in L 10, and fumbled the reload in Production.

Limited 50 pts 7.08 seconds HF 7.0621

Limited 10 48 points 10.98 seconds HF 4.3716

Production 46 points 9.57 seconds HF 4.8067