Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Cincinnati

x7xHawkx7x

I just recently bought a CZ-75 SP-01 Phantom. I'm looking to participate in the Practical Pistol Competitions out at Miami Rifle and Pistol Club near Batavia, OH.

I'm also interested in learning to reload and 3 gun competition.

Thanks,

Cody

Another new shooter from Cincy named Cody? Uncanny.

Let me know when you want to come out to MRPC and shoot a match. I'll put you in touch with the Match Director.cheers.gif

Edited by Sarge

Welcome from Ravenna in NE Ohio. I have a Phantom and use a Bladetech non Drop Offset holster and it works well. What doesn't work so well is that the Phantom will not allow the mags to drop free. I believe there is a fix for that (replacing a small spring) but I also use it for IDPA and it is a good feature there.

FWIW

Richard

Thanks for the holster info Richard. I'm not sure about the mags not dropping, is it only certain types of mags? I did read somewhere that someone using a mag that was lighter than the 18+1 that came with the Phantom had some trouble. Am I going to be able to use the 18+1 mags in USPSA events?

Welcome. I also shoot at MR&PC. If you are still looking for a holster go to http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CZ-C372.aspx. The guys at Shooter's Connection are top notch guys and have really good service. Cody, you can use the 18+1 mags but depending upon what division you shoot you will be restricted to the number of rounds (Production.) I hope to see you out there on 8/26.

Welcome to the club! We'd all LOVE to have you come out and shoot with us at Miami Rifle on the 26th of this month. Sarge is the Match Director, so feel free to contact him or myself if you need more info. Even if you don't have a holster and mag pouches yet, I am sure that the Ohio crew can come up with something for you to use at the match.

Welcome from a West Side Cincinnati kid who's transplanted himself to Warren County!

If you're interested in 3-Gun, come check out Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmens Association on the 4th Sunday of the month. It's a good bunch of guys and a great bunch of fun! There's also IDPA pistol on the first Sunday of each month.

If a little drive isn't a problem, Blue Grass Sportsmans League near Lexington has GREAT 3-Gun action (they're a 3-Gun Nation Club) and PCSI in Circleville also has USPSA pistol and multigun.

I'm going to do everything I can to make it out on the 26th. A quick question about the ammo during the match. Can I use 9mm 115 Grain FMJ? or do I need to find a different bullet type?

Thanks!

@Buckeye67 I'm from Colorado, and have transplanted myself to the West Side. I live in Bridgetown.

I'm going to do everything I can to make it out on the 26th. A quick question about the ammo during the match. Can I use 9mm 115 Grain FMJ? or do I need to find a different bullet type?

Your ammo will be fine. Just stop by Walmart and pick some up. Nothing fancy needed.

I just recently bought a CZ-75 SP-01 Phantom. I'm looking to participate in the Practical Pistol Competitions out at Miami Rifle and Pistol Club near Batavia, OH.

I'm also interested in learning to reload and 3 gun competition.

Thanks,

Cody

Welcome! Come on out and join in the fun. Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions, happy to help.

Colin

OK...I just ordered my holster, Belt and 4 mag holders. I was hoping to pick up some official cardboard targets and then was shocked at how expensive shipping is for them. Is there anywhere around Cincinnati that I can buy a handful of the CB targets so I can practice a few times before the 26th?

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice!

Edited by x7xHawkx7x