Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer XD/XDM slide stop

Loves2Shoot

Here is my solution to the XDM and IPDA required slide lock reloads and my thumbs forward grip.

The Springer Precision slide stop was design to position the slide release lever so that it does not interfere with your shooting grip and will engage the slide when the magazine is empty. Made from high strength 17-4 stainless steel, the release is design withstand the rigors of heavy use. It is available for all XD and XDM models and comes in a bead blasted finish to compliment bitone slide or black.

now shipping

post-1255-0-86629400-1344705258_thumb.gi

post-1255-0-00179300-1344705275_thumb.gi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was having problems with missing the slide release on reloads with my XDTAC9. Was looking at the springer slide release, had an idea and had an extra xdm 4.5 slide release lying around. Well; waddya know, it fit the XD TAC..now I'm in business and no misses on slide release.

I was having problems with missing the slide release on reloads with my XDTAC9. Was looking at the springer slide release, had an idea and had an extra xdm 4.5 slide release lying around. Well; waddya know, it fit the XD TAC..now I'm in business and no misses on slide release.

I wonder if the obverse is true....

I wonder if the obverse is true....

Yep, both are interchangeable.

• 4 weeks later...

Loves2Shoot is there any chance we will ever see a slide stop lever extended towards the front of the gun for us left handed shooters. Since we use our trigger fingers the typical extended slide stop is not really of any great benifit for us. Not to mention the index finger just doesn't have the strength of the thumb. Thanks for any info.

• 1 year later...

Has this product been added to the Springfield Catalog as an OEM part yet? Would love for this to be Production legal.

No, SA has not responded to that request. I think they are busy with the XDS recall. Write or call Dave Williams if you want to see it.

I have this on my XDM 5.25 but my thumbs forward grip still won't let the slide lock back on an empty mag :(

If your thumb touches the lever, it won't lock open. I have medium sized hands and the lever works. If you have larger hands, you will have to modify your weakhand thumb position. :(