Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Olympics -- Team Archery

Congrats to the USA for taking silver -- it barely lost to Italy, after upsetting the heavy favorite in Korea in the semi.

p.s. unlike World Shoot, and many other shooting events, no one tried cheating.

I was at an archery shop yesterday buying my first bow in a really long time, and it was all that they were talking about. I wish NBC had better coverage or move information as to when certain events would be on. For instance... I watched womens basketball yesterday, I think Turkey vs. Angola rather than the USA archery match. It would seem to me that NBC would have coverage of all USA events.

nbcolympics.com has listing of event schedules. You search by either time or sport.

I was at an archery shop yesterday buying my first bow in a really long time, and it was all that they were talking about. I wish NBC had better coverage or move information as to when certain events would be on. For instance... I watched womens basketball yesterday, I think Turkey vs. Angola rather than the USA archery match. It would seem to me that NBC would have coverage of all USA events.

I know everyone is busting on NBC's coverage but their website is really good. You can watch any event you want in real time or after the fact. It is very well done, I watched all the shotgun, some Judo.....it's good to watch all the weird stuff that doesn't make tv but you can watch the mainstream sports also if you missed them live.

On the archery, I love the fact that the American mens team looked like a bunch of young redneck country boys straight off the bow stand. Curled baseball caps, goatees, and I'll bet a can of skoal in their back pockets! Badass....

On the archery, I love the fact that the American mens team looked like a bunch of young redneck country boys straight off the bow stand. Curled baseball caps, goatees, and I'll bet a can of skoal in their back pockets! Badass....

I thought the same thing. And the Koreans looked like they just got done playing as archers in World of Warcraft.