Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting your new toy fund eaten

Langenator

Gah...I had just about $2k saved up, ready to order myself a new AR-10 type rifle to play He-Man/Heavy Metal with.

Then my truck got jealous of me spending money on other toys and blew a head gasket. Bowed the header just a bit, too, just to make sure it ate the whole new toy fund and then some.

I hate it when that happens.

You're not alone, my toy fund constantly gets munched by household stuff.

Water heater, toilets, doors, paint..... Uggh the joy of owning stuff that knows when you have extra money stashed.

Don't feel bad, I have a nice shiny new washing machine instead of a nice shiny new 1911 :angry2:

Actually, replacing the washing machine ate the income tax refund.

I'm waiting for piles of 930 JMs to suddenly become available while I have no $$.

It never fails that when you start to thinking life is good and you got a few bucks to blow the sky falls! Life it is a constant struggle, you know you are alive if you are still struggling.

Then there is the Coco original saying: I started with nothing and I still have most of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Shit happens.Wasn't the time it will come around again and you will get your new toy.

It could be worse.

The hub bearing on the A/C compressor could die a horrible death whilst driving home from Dallas, taking the clutch and the compressor with it. An hour+ drive in 100+ degree weather to an $800 repair bill.

My truck is jealous of my guns, I'm convinced of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just when I was about to pull the trigger on a new CZ, my dog gets an hematoma in his ear. He looks like he's wearing a water balloon for an ear and he gets a trip to surgery. Goodbye gun fund

<_<

Stupid dog, he's ugly too. Look!

621843_10100981582268220_731212001_o.jpg

Edited by TerryYu

It never fails that when you start to thinking life is good and you got a few bucks to blow the sky falls! Life it is a constant struggle, you know you are alive if you are still struggling.

Then there is the Coco original saying: I started with nothing and I still have most of it.

Isn't that the truth!!

Having a real struggle finishing my ar. Only need 2 pieces, changing charging handles, (found one I liked better and sold the VLTOR handle before I could fund the new one :sick: ) and I still need a front grip/delta ring/barrel nut. After that I'm ready to go shooting but I've been at this point for 6 weeks or more now and every time I get ready to finish it up, something comes along and grabs the money instead.

Sorry you can't do your own work. Depending on the truck, getting a head off and plained can be not to bad of a job. I have a rod bearing that talks to me every once in a while. :ph34r: And I'm not wanting to go in and find it. :wub:

Tar

Humm, Things happen. But I know I'm a lucky guy, my wife broke both her ankles this is her bad one

2012-08-01_15-39-28_810.jpg

this puts her in a wheel chair for a time , I have already missed two weeks of work so far

Nice repair job! Congratulations on finding a good "carpenter" to work on her.

Tar

Just when I was about to pull the trigger on a new CZ, my dog gets an hematoma in his ear. He looks like he's wearing a water balloon for an ear and he gets a trip to surgery. Goodbye gun fund

<_<

Stupid dog, he's ugly too. Look!

621843_10100981582268220_731212001_o.jpg

My dogs were getting so many of those I learned to do it myself after about the 3rd one and about $1000 in vet bills. I saved a nice little barbed drain tube from one of the repairs, it's quite easy to put in and stays in very well. That seems to be the only way to fix those. Drain it with a syringe and they just fill back up again.

Another thing that works is a short piece of IV tube. Make a small incision and secure it with one suture. The barbed drain tube is much easier and very fast.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs