Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would you pay $35 for a local match?

38SuperDub

Side note: Dudes around here pay $80+ to ride 18 any given Saturday, if you go play paintball it's gonna cost you a min of $35+paint, college football game is a min of $50 (as much as $500), a fu*kin movie is $35 after you buy popcorn and a coke. So why not drop $35 on a well run local match? Is the shooting community that cheap (the answer can be yes, I'm really interested to know)?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think so. You think about the time and money invested in getting there, loading ammo, etc., 35.00 on top of all of that for a local match with no chance of any tangible return is not worth it to me. At our club, we shoot 6 stages in USPSA, with one being a classifier. Round count is normally around 125-150. Then we will shoot the match again after that. Members are 15.00 for first time and 5.00 for the second.

One thing I've learned is this is an expensive sport and I've yet to see a way around it. I think it makes golf look like a bargain!. I'm from So Cal, and nothing is cheap here. Norco is the most expensive, $41 includes the classifier, which is only done once per month, but they have matches every month. There are always 6 stages and they are top-notch stages - in my somewhat limited experience. West End Gun Club wasn't mentioned, but I may have missed it. It's $20 for non members. WEGC, Palm Springs are fun, but pale in comparison to Norco. I've only shot Pala at the USPFC, but if their matches are anything like it, it would be good.

Norco's expensive but you get what you pay for in my opinion. The other clubs at about $20 are reasonable as there is nothing else here to choose from. So, my long-winded answer is yes.

This question has been brought up recently - seems a new range owner wants to have someone run a USPSA match on his range - BUT he is wanting to charge $20 for his range fee - tact on $3 for Classifier fees - and to pay for props and pasters the cost will be $30-$35 for a 5 or so stage local match.

My question - would you pay this much to go shoot a match or is it too much? Consider there are other matches within an hour or so that are around $20 for the same number of stages.

Thanks

Not for 5 stages, I figure about $5 a stage so $35 for 7 stages sure I would pay. Sorry I live to far for my input to help.. Opps just looked at the date. Better late than never, I guess??? Edited by a matt

One thing I've learned is this is an expensive sport and I've yet to see a way around it. I think it makes golf look like a bargain!.

I'm not old enough to play golf, but coming from racing dirtbikes shooting seems really really cheap to me.

I not only wouldn't pay $35 for a local match, I'd bust out laughing. We pay $7 at one club (4 stages + classifier) and $10-15 at the other club (4 stages and 2 classifiers, $10 for club members, $15 for everyone else).

If you really want me to ruin your day, ask me how much annual memberships are at the 3 local ranges that have good pistol bays.

Our club charges $15 if you pre-register and $20 if you don't and they normally run 5 stages plus 1 classifier. For steel challenge I charge $10 for first gun and $5 for second regardless of when you register. I would be hard pressed to pay $35 for a local club match.

We pay 20 for 7 stages with a classifier and 15 for club members. That just went up from 15 and 10. We are expected ti help break down and load the props after we're done with the last stage at OKC GC

We are fortunate...

We do pay 40.00 for a 3gun match with NO teardown in Tulsa. Which is great in the summer months!