Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

chicken wings

EEH

found some great sauce for wings yesterday,and filled my green egg with all the wings I could get on it today, cooked them for almost 2 hours about 200 deg.that thing just keeps getting better and better.. :cheers:

I've had my egg for about 10 years and I fall in love with more and more as time goes by. If something happened to it, I'd be waiting for the store to open the next morning to replace it.

My phone is filled with tons of food p0rn pictures of all the stuff I cook on it.

instead of drinking the cult $900 egg, i found this version to be as good or better, and a third the price.

What brand is that?

How are the Green Egg (or that thing) for grilling veggies?

instead of drinking the cult $900 egg, i found this version to be as good or better, and a third the price.

What brand is that?

How are the Green Egg (or that thing) for grilling veggies?

Brian-called the char-griller kamado. It'll cook everything.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_131712-49769-6719_4294857761__?productId=3609214&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

I looked at one at bass pro,just did not like it,they use lump charcoal,which last a long time,it is natural wood,the egg was the thickest and heaver than the others I looked at,I have done every thing from potatoes to pinapple,sometime I use a veggie.basket,,

I guess it's like sti , infinity,colt or S&W,just depends on what you like

yea I paid a bundle for it then built a table with wheels to move it around,,,, :eatdrink:

Thanks Butch. What did one reviewer mean by:

And The BEST thing is the Charcoal will last forever.

?

Hard to explain but since they are insulated with clay, they are efficient at burning lump charcoal. I can do 4 hours of baby back ribs at 215 degrees and only use about 2 lbs of lump. Brisket this weekend...12+ hrs,

I've had my egg for about 6 years now. You can find the kamado style cookers everywhere, the local lowes had one the other day. I added a pit minder for long overnight cooks start a brisket or shoulder and let it go. Had a 12lb shoulder cook for 24 hours with no issue. Lump burns for hours and will add flavor.

It also does great on steaks or burgers as I can get the egg up to 700 or so and get a great sear then drop the temp to 350-400 and finish it off.

I have done veggie kabobs and they turned out as expected. There is a ton of info in different places for how to cook on the egg(or similar style cookers)

I am a huge fan.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Couldn't find this on the Lowes/site/link... Does the Lowes model have an electric lighter, or do you light the charcoal with paper?

Also, is there a favorite brand of charcoal for the kamado grills?

the green egg has their own brand (( imagine that ))but thats what I use--you can but starter sticks made for grills and put a couple in and thats it,no paper,and no regular charcoal,I would never buy an electric lighter it's to easy with the fire starters..also lowes does have the lump charcoal,but I have never used it..

Its weird but there is a site call the naked whiz that has a ton of info on ceramic cookers including recipes and charcoal review. You can google naked whiz charcoal review and you will find it.

I use the chimney when i am going for a high temp cook. For long low cooks, i go with the little fire starter cubes or paper dipped in veggie oil wrapped tightly.