Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi folks,

I'd like to announce the 2012 US IPSC National Championship to be held September 14-16 at Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof, Florida.

This will be an IPSC Level III match. 24 stages shot in 3 half days.

We will be using Match Sign Up and registration should be open within two weeks.

You can see the beginnings of the website at USIPSCnationals.com

This will be a qualification match not only for US Team Members but also for anyone wanting to attend the IPSC World Shoot in 2014.

More info to follow, keep an eye on the website.

Shannon

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the range the other day, and the facility is amazing. The best range in teh country right now.

Edited by Nik Habicht
Edited to remove classified ad.

• 2 weeks later...

Call for Stages

If anyone is interested in submitting stages for the US IPSC Nationals we are looking for any input.

You can send them to me - SmittyFL (AT) Gmail.com

We reserve the right to the material, I may modify, use, or not use. Or may use in future matches. I will give proper credit however in any case.

Smitty

With only four matches to determine the participation in the next World Shoot; I suspect its safe to say that all the top shooters wanting to compete in 2014 will be at this match...

From the IPSC Global Village, the estimate is that USA will get about 60 slots for the match, most of those will be taken up by the National Teams; Open, Standard, Production, Revolver, Single Stack...

Its going to be a high pressure race to 2014...

With only four matches to determine the participation in the next World Shoot; I suspect its safe to say that all the top shooters wanting to compete in 2014 will be at this match...

From the IPSC Global Village, the estimate is that USA will get about 60 slots for the match, most of those will be taken up by the National Teams; Open, Standard, Production, Revolver, Single Stack...

Its going to be a high pressure race to 2014...

If that is the case, is there really any reason for the rest of us to spend the time and money to attend 3 of the 4 qualifying matches other than for the competition?

I guess its the same as any other year when they don't have a WS qualifier match. I attend Nationals to compare myself to the best in the country (and I usually find myself lacking) and the fun of shooting a big match.

the policy only is saving slots for 48 team members and 10 for the regional director (USPSA president) so the 2 with the highest point total should get slots

edit added clarification on the 48

Edited by mhop

And if some of the regions don't use all of their slots they are spread out over the remaining regions. I think the priority goes to the biggest regions in IPSC (ie. those with more than 2000 members) so maybe we can get some more slots that way. If we do then I think the same methodology is used to pick shooters for those slots.

If you want to shoot the WS then you have to do at least three of these matches. Unless you qualify to shoot the pre-match (which is reserved for those that work the match), results for the pre-match are combined with the main match.

I'll be doing a bunch of web updates this weekend. Been slammed on the range the last couple weeks.

Match fee is $200US

US competitors will be able to register just like any other match starting on or about June 1. Only international competitors need slots.

Shannon

Question about the range;

Is there anyone at the range with a Verizon 3G wireless phone that can verify the network coverage at the range. I'm hoping for a solid 4-5 bars of 3G network connectivity or a range-wide wi-fi would be even better (assuming its connected to a broadband network).

I'm contemplating heading down there to try LiveShots at the match.

That would be awesome Paul.

Verizon is solid throughout the range. AT&T doesn't work very well. I had to switch to Verizon when I started working here a few months ago.

We do not have range wide wi-fi. I hope to consult with some folks and have something by the World Shoot. I'm working on some exciting ideas with the web developer, live feeds, web cams, streaming and such for WS.

Give me a call or email if you have any questions or need anything.

Shannon

3G coverage will enable me to demo LiveShots, we have a couple of ranges in Colorado with good 3G networks and I can still get the video online before the stage has been reset. Getting range-wide wi-fi set up for the WS would be a definite plus, I would suggest two if its possible, one public and one password protected for staff use.

Live streaming video has issues due to the nature of our sport, something that I have covered in one of my articles here (underneath the write-up on the Noveske MultiGun match). It explains the benefits of LiveShots over conventional live-streaming and also some examples of the screen. I can have multiple screens and multiple users uploading videos at the same time, so it would be possible at a WS to have a person assigned to each of the key squads in each division and follow the action non-stop for both Men and Women's categories.

Sounds cool. I have so many ideas just trying to focus and get one thing done at a time is the challenge.

Hopefully you can make it to USIPSC. We'll schedule a dinner or two to discuss this further.

Not to get off topic in this thread but I plan for the WS to be as techy and multi-media heavy as possible.

Waitaminute... it wouldn't be a proper World Shoot unless some vital last minute information, like say the shootoff or opening ceremony time, wasn't hastily scribbled on a scrap of paper and pinned to a noticeboard somewhere in a match hotel. :roflol: