Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Verizon is solid throughout the range. AT&T doesn't work very well. I had to switch to Verizon when I started working here a few months ago.

We do not have range wide wi-fi. I hope to consult with some folks and have something by the World Shoot. I'm working on some exciting ideas with the web developer, live feeds, web cams, streaming and such for WS.

Give me a call or email if you have any questions or need anything.

I sent you a draft proposal for LiveShots yesterday, I'll try and get down to the range for the Nationals to give you guys a demo of it...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey gang,

Registration will open on the 5th, actually it will be midnight on the 4th eastern but we have plenty of space in the match so no need to stay up.

USIPSCnationals.com will have all the information.

Just signed up. Very smooth and easy. 600 slots? Dang that's a lot of bodies in such a short time.

Any chance we can get a schedule? I need to put in for time off, book travel etc. and I still have no idea how long I'll actually be in Frostproof.

Edited by Chuck Anderson

I'm curious if it's a full day on Sunday, or if we can request to shoot the morning on that schedule. Be nice to fly out that night. And also if we'll need to be there on Thursday for registration, gun inspection or anything else, or if we just need to be on the range Friday morning. Sounds great. I'm just really short time at work and trying to minimize the time away.

Just signed up. Very smooth and easy. 600 slots? Dang that's a lot of bodies in such a short time.

Any chance we can get a schedule? I need to put in for time off, book travel etc. and I still have no idea how long I'll actually be in Frostproof.

Chuck

I just ran the numbers ... It's a little tight, but assuming 4.5 to 5 hours in the morning, a lunch break, and 4.5 to 5 hours in the afternoon, it's do'able. It works out to between 2.3 and 2.6 minutes per shooter per stage (average). That's better than the sub-2 minute mark they expected at the last WS in Greece.

Key factors will be logistics - which I expect Frank, Manny, and Smitty to have a fair grasp on - and the weather ... That could prove fantastic or problematic and NO ONE controls that!

Well, 24 stages shot over three half days sounds a lot like shooting Fri, Sat and Sun

They will most likely be using the 3-2-1 ratio for stages (or something close to it), so for a 24 stage match you would expect 12 short stages, 8 medium and 4 large stages. A typical World Shoot is 6-7 stages per day, they will be running eight but with a lower number of competitors... it should work out fine.

Don't get me wrong. I'm 110% positive that Shannon, Manny and Frank will put on a great match and it will turn out awesome. That's why I already sent them my money because I don't want to miss it.

All three of them have plenty of experience and if they say they can pull it off I'm sure they will. I'm just looking for travel info.

Well hell, y'all got me all nervous now...... :-)

I don't have the matrix nailed down yet but you pretty well have it figured out. We are doubling up most of the short stages going hot to hot so basically there are 18 "bays" of shooting plus Chrono and probably a break rotation. That equals 20 "slots" for squads. We are probably looking at 3 zones 7, 7 and 6 or something.

I imagine we will have registration at the range Thursday afternoon as well as Friday morning for the remaining shooters. Equipment check I plan to do at chrono but that isn't decided yet. May leave that up to the RM.

If I recall correctly, competitors in International actually get "teched" at every stage. They carry an Equipment Card that has to be signed off by every stage's CRO that basically states that they were in general compliance when they shot that stage. "The Box" is done at Chrono, along with trigger weighing and a more-detailed gun inspection.

That's how they did it at last years USIPSC....

Yes. Registration is open to anyone now. We did the slot system mainly to monitor and control the initial surge of entries and to make sure we had as fair as possible room for everyone.