Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here try the SJC 5 port & the 11 port?? Looking for a comparison be for I buy! I have the 5 port now, but wanna try the 11 port. Let me know what your thoughts are

In the beginning before SJC 11 port. I used his 5 port for 9 maj. And when his 11 port came out i tried it. Currently the 5 port is used with a G17 lightened slide as a dedicated STEEL gun using 95gr.jhp/109 P.F. steel loads. The 11 port in my opinion is the way to go comp whys. I can feel the difference between the two. 11 port shoots flatter and softer.

Edited by sweetback

Anyone here try the SJC 5 port & the 11 port?? Looking for a comparison be for I buy! I have the 5 port now, but wanna try the 11 port. Let me know what your thoughts are

In the beginning before SJC 11 port. I used his 5 port for 9 maj. And when his 11 port came out i tried it. Currently the 5 port is used with a G17 lightened slide as a dedicated STEEL gun using 95gr.jhp/109 P.F. steel loads. The 11 port in my opinion is the way to go comp whys. I can feel the difference between the two. 11 port shoots flatter and softer.

Awesome! Thanks for the input, I ordered 1 last night & can't wait to try it.

glockabierto.jpg

Is that a carver gun?

I see it has alot of his parts.

Hows it shoot?

It has carver mount, carver 10 port compensator but that is it. KKM match barrel, CCF frame, tugsten guide rod, zev tech fulcron trigger assembly, skeletonize firing pin, ice magwell,,

It shoots very accurately. I had FTF issues, but once I got the lee undersized sizing full die, problem solved....

Are you Glock open guys at a disadvantage relative to STI open shooters? I mentioned making a Glock open gun at a steel match this weekend and was told, by a guy that had a Glock open gun and had since switched to an STI, that it'd be a disadvantage to run a Glock. I'm hopeful that isn't true.

Are you Glock open guys at a disadvantage relative to STI open shooters? I mentioned making a Glock open gun at a steel match this weekend and was told, by a guy that had a Glock open gun and had since switched to an STI, that it'd be a disadvantage to run a Glock. I'm hopeful that isn't true.

Well.......to each is own applies here.

That isnt true...

The only disadvantage we have over them is we still like 2K in our pockets for reloading supplies!!! LOL :roflol:

Well I dont seem to have any trouble beating shooters with STI / SVI and SPS nearly every time out !..................Anybody else ?

Well I dont seem to have any trouble beating shooters with STI / SVI and SPS nearly every time out !..................Anybody else ?

+1

Thats Right...

Are you Glock open guys at a disadvantage relative to STI open shooters?

STI's triggers have less travel and this is percieved as an advantage by 2011 shooters. It's great for dry fire practice and showing your friends how sweet and short your trigger is, but when the buzzer goes off, the millisecond of pre-travel is hard to notice with just that first shot.

The better question is, could you beat your own score if you were shooting an Open STI instead of an Open Glock?

The best shooter I know shoots a Glock, has two more on order, and he recommended that I should have a Glock built for me by Bobby Carver.

I took his advise, so as far as I am concerned a Glock would be the best choice for me. I don't think I will change my mind when mine is finished and in my hands in about a week.

Jim

The better question is, could you beat your own score if you were shooting an Open STI instead of an Open Glock?

Yeah that's what I was getting at...I'm sure you guys can beat others shooting STI's, but before a shot is fired, are you at a disadvantage for shooting the open Glock gun?

The reason I don't shoot open at all is the buy in cost...I like Glocks alot, and would be perfectly happy with one...but not if I knew my times were slower than they could otherwise be. I'd love to have a 9mm open gun that could shoot minor or major...

Are you Glock open guys at a disadvantage relative to STI open shooters?

STI's triggers have less travel and this is percieved as an advantage by 2011 shooters. It's great for dry fire practice and showing your friends how sweet and short your trigger is, but when the buzzer goes off, the millisecond of pre-travel is hard to notice with just that first shot.

My observations:

I've put a few rounds down range out of both a "correctly built" open Glock and open STI guns. With that said I don't think there is disadvantage in shooting a Glock in open (Indian not the arrow?). Both platforms in 9mm major suffer similar ills,....the ammo!!!!! Once you get a load sorted that will run your good to go. Yes the triggers are not as sweet on the Glock as compared to STI triggers but now with new guys on the block building after market triggers parts the playing is beginning to level some what. I shoot with a M shooter (that made M with a open Glock in just a few months) hold his own with other M and GM open shooters and will again very soon.

Remember it's a plastic thing...you'll play one day :D

Banks

glockabierto.jpg

Is that a carver gun?

I see it has alot of his parts.

Hows it shoot?

It has carver mount, carver 10 port compensator but that is it. KKM match barrel, CCF frame, tugsten guide rod, zev tech fulcron trigger assembly, skeletonize firing pin, ice magwell,,

It shoots very accurately. I had FTF issues, but once I got the lee undersized sizing full die, problem solved....

is the tungsten guide rod (compared to SS) used only to add weight?

I have tried a friends open SPS and I have an open Norinco Para Clone. No I cannot seem to do any better with the 1911 style trigger. As someone has already said when that beep goes off I don't really notice the difference.

post-31812-0-92427200-1339056707_thumb.j post-31812-0-96914000-1339056754_thumb.j

Edited by malagamarksman

cpa5oh

"The reason I don't shoot open at all is the buy in cost...I like Glocks alot, and would be perfectly happy with one...but not if I knew my times were slower than they could otherwise be. I'd love to have a 9mm open gun that could shoot minor or major... "

Both of my open Glocks do that, no problem.

Edited by malagamarksman

Thanks,still not shot it yet just got it yesterday.

The barrel is silver,kkm

Bobby Carver at Carver customs in jacksonville Fla. did the stippling.

The pic's really dont do it justice.It is very well done both looks and

fit/finish.

Thanks again Bobby.

Thanks,still not shot it yet just got it yesterday.

The barrel is silver,kkm

Bobby Carver at Carver customs in jacksonville Fla. did the stippling.

The pic's really dont do it justice.It is very well done both looks and

fit/finish.

Thanks again Bobby.

Bobby is steadily gaining alot of ground with his work, and for good reason. Best thing I like about my Carver is that no matter what it is I'm shooting PF wise, it runs flawlessly. Looking forward to your range report in this blaster!