Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the best you tubes for a beginner shooting IDPA?

Skulptor

Hey Folks,

I've shot IDPA for awhile now and am starting a new course on a range closer to me, So. East Indiana. What i would like to know from any/all of you is, if ya got the time, do you have any favorite youtubes that could help someone to get started shooting IDPA that I can send out? I have seen a few but I was wondering if any of you have saw what you thought would be the best ones that I can send out to buddies, and others, who might be interested shooting IDPA, or maybe don't even know about it. I am interested in videos that shows what equiptment a person needs to shoot as well as well as what the basics are and what we actually do.

I know, I know, I could probably write a long drawn out letter and send it to them but letters can be boring (as you can probably tell by mine ) and to actually SEE the information is, in my opinion far better. And I am sure their are good ones and better ones. I am looking for the "better ones". :bow: Can ya help me out here?

So if ya know of one or two, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post it here. Maybe others could use them as well for getting friends of theirs into pistol shooting sports, i.e. IDPA.

Thanx abunch for your time!

Chaz

Edited by Skulptor

Thanx guys. I will look at all those. Here is one I found that might work as well:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+idpa+%2b+gear&view=detail&mid=C83D5FBA0D1A43C11DFBC83D5FBA0D1A43C11DFB&first=0

If you find any flaws with it or have other suggestions, by all means, let me know.

Thanx,

Chaz

Edited by Skulptor

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any videos that deal specifically with how to get started and what gear to use (Hmmm, maybe I'll make some....).

But I do my match videos with up to 4 cameras including a hat cam. I usually set one cam uprange and one on the left side and one on the right side of the stage so I can capture multiple views and angles as I shoot the stage. I then edit all the clips from all the cameras into one video. I edit the video and use the different angles and views to make it look fun and exciting. I use the videos more to bring new shooters into the sport then to study myself and become a better shooter. I just study the raw video clips to help myself become better. I really believe in bringing new shooters into the sport and I have had several people in my area tell me that seeing my videos helped them decide to try it out.

You can search for my page on Youtube, my user name is dmonwai. I don't have enough posts here to post a direct link.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Folks,

I've shot IDPA for awhile now and am starting a new course on a range closer to me, So. East Indiana. What i would like to know from any/all of you is, if ya got the time, do you have any favorite youtubes that could help someone to get started shooting IDPA that I can send out? I have seen a few but I was wondering if any of you have saw what you thought would be the best ones that I can send out to buddies, and others, who might be interested shooting IDPA, or maybe don't even know about it. I am interested in videos that shows what equiptment a person needs to shoot as well as well as what the basics are and what we actually do.

I know, I know, I could probably write a long drawn out letter and send it to them but letters can be boring (as you can probably tell by mine ) and to actually SEE the information is, in my opinion far better. And I am sure their are good ones and better ones. I am looking for the "better ones". :bow: Can ya help me out here?

So if ya know of one or two, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post it here. Maybe others could use them as well for getting friends of theirs into pistol shooting sports, i.e. IDPA.

Thanx abunch for your time!

Chaz

The best IDPA skills video is by Dave Sevigny. He did it himself. Its concise, complete and awesome.