Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club

Hi all,

I figured that it was time to put up a thread on this. Yes we will be having our first match of the season on the 4th Sunday in April (weather permitting). I have to get together with Roy this week to take care of some problems with his 650 and I hope we can go over stages at that time as well. We will be using the "Practiscore " system this year on some new Nook Simple Touch units that we have so we should be able to have stats done within 10 minutes of the last shot being fired (gee no more going through score sheets for 5 or 6 hours) :D . After we have picked out our stages I will post the round count and what classifier we will run.

Brian

Hey Guys,

Well Too Slow (Brian) beat me to this but that is all good. Yes, it is time to get started again outside here in Southeast Michigan. Our first match will be the 4th Sunday April 22nd. Sign up starts at 8:30 and closes at 9:15am. Shooters meeting about 9:50 and first shots at 10am. Cost is $25 for non members, $20 for members. If you are current LE and shoot in your duty gear (no uniform required), we let you shoot for $5 as our way of saying Thank you for your service. We will have at least 8 stages with a round count of 175+ for each match. If you have never attended our match in the past, we normally run 1 classifier and 7 field courses. We have just about every prop and we are not afraid to use them (all) on just 1 stage, so if you want a level III match without a lot of the hassle, give our match a try. We get shooters from West Michigan, Indiana, Southern Ohio and all the way from Toronto Canada on a regular basis since we offer a big match feel with quality stages and a lot of high level shooters.

Our May match (27th) will be a little different. Due to many of our club members shooting the Ohio Sectional on Saturday the 26th, we will not be starting the match on the 27th till 1pm. We will build the match on that Sunday morning, have a little lunch and be read for competitors for a nice afternoon match. It will be our special classifier match with 6 classifiers and 2 field courses.

When you get a chance, make sure to Thank Rob Gaffney and Brian for the scoring system. They had the idea that they wanted to try it out. Then after showing me how cool it was/is, Rob went out with his own $$ and purchased 8 other Nooks so we would have this scoring system without worrying about whether the club would reimburse him. Then he made Brian do all the unhooking/downloading of the application so that all the Nooks are ready to rock for our first match. So not only do they put the time and effort in to help run the program, they put thier $$ where thier mouths are. You guys are incredible. Couldn't do this stuff without you two and wouldn't want to. Thanks Guys................

Mikey D-the borders open, Papa Joe-we will waive the normal grudge that ya'll are from Ohio, so lets get the season started!!!!

Regards,

Roy

I really think you guys from the north WISHED you lived in OHIO!!! :roflol: Sean and the wrecking crew (Prop Breakers INC.) looking forward to the match. ALL of you guys never cease to amaze everyone with the great stages and props.

Roy-How much "Bling" are we talking? Mikey may not be allowed back in Canada!

Papa

Hi again all,

Well we now have a round count for this match. We went on the high side for this at 220 rounds and the classifier is CM06-06 "Golden Bullet Standards". Looks like it will be one of our regular crazy matches for you, lots of evil :devil: stages for you to shoot.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

Yeah, I bet........with every bullet so far, right?

Did I mention that we have "special" starting positions just for those who come from that state south of us known as Ohio? Yes, it is in the stage descriptions so it will have to be followed on every stage.

Basically, you guys have to start out at the dog pond on the start signal. You then have to jump in and swim the 100 yards to the other side, get out of the pool and enter the shooting bay area's where your gear has been staged for you. It will require a pause by each shooter so that the RO can make sure your gear is in the right position for your Division but then you are free to try and complete the stage like everyone else.

Just a little something to make sure you fellers from Ohio still feel warm and fuzzy about us folks here in the Great State of Michigun.

Now for a certain upgrade in the match donation amount, I am sure we can work out something about you guys starting like everyone else. Maybe......or maybe it will be just for Sean that we have him start this way. All I can say is that we will have something special for Sean in the coming months......hehehehehe. Be afraid. Be very afraid!!! Besies, Sean has gone to the Dark Side with an SV Infinity Open blaster this year. Can't wait to see the brain fart as he reloads after firing only 10 rounds thinking he is firing his production gun instead.

Now who would want to miss this type of drama by not attending our match? 8 stages, 220 rounds and this for only $25 for non members....what a bargain. Match registration starts at 8:30am and closes at 9:15am. First shot at 10am(in theory....).

Two BIG problems with that!

First- He does not know his right from left and will get TOO confused! :roflol:

Second- He would feel right at home and enjoy the pond too much! He may ask to bring his goats with him? :devil:

Hey Papa. You know that guy that rides in the car with you on the way up to match? The one that won't shut-up? I'll make sure I drink an entire pot of coffee before the ride up to see Roy. :devil:

And ROY!!! I got something for you big boy! I usually save em for my wife, but sense its been so long sense I've seen you, I'll have to give you one ass well. :goof:

Just an FYI for those of you planning to use 275... There are lane closures due to construction :( So plan accordingly.

Also this will be our first match using electronic scoring. So far it has been very easy to use at our practice sessions. I hope everyone likes it as much as the stats guys :D

Papa Joe you may want to slip decaf in SEV's coffee pot :surprise:

As always thank you all for coming to our match!

woof

Just a reminder folks that sign in will be 8:30 to 9:15 to give me time to get all of the shooters into the Nook's for scoring. We will have you pick your squad first then sign in with me.

As for the construction on I275, as I was told it is for bridge construction so lanes are closed and traffic is really messed up. For those of you coming up from the south you may want to take I75 to the "Telegraph Road" (US 24) cutoff (it is about 10 miles north of I275) and take Telegraph to I94 west and get off at Wayne Road.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

O happy days! I can't tell you guy's how good it is to get back up to the WCRHC. I have missed all my friends and I always seem to meet new ones too. A big, huge, thanks to the set up crew for all their hard work this weekend.(IDPA and USPSA in one weekend). As usual, all the stages were awesome. I love the new scoring system. I think it worked out very well by speeding up scoring process. So another big thank you for that great tool. I can't wait for the next shoot. Again, thank you all, at the WCRHC for a great day of shooting. :cheers: