Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to pay for 40 SW brass

FLSlim

I've posted both some new Starline and some used, mixed brass (probably 2/3 loaded more than once and all tumbled and sized) for sale on some other sites and have gotten no serious interest. I assume I must be pricing it too high. What are some recommendations on how much I should reasonably ask for new and used 40 brass?

A fellow shooter was trying to get rid of 1,400 pieces of new Starline .40, for $75. I don't think he ever sold it. I generally pay $25-$30k for once fired, Winchester .40.

9mm and 40 are extremely popular with police agencies, and that's where a lot of brass comes from. they have become a commodity of sorts these day. I would not pay more than 30k for 1k of 9mm or 40 brass these days. There's just too much of it out there.

I'll second the $25 per 1k. I consider that to be reasonable. I frequently pick up 9mm for 20-25 shipped as well.

A lot of people are increasing prices right now and I don't see why. 9 and 40 are so easily obtainable that it's almost ridiculous to pay any more. Even if you don't see any brass on the forums now, give it a day or two and it pops up again. It's not worth being in a rush and having to pay 35+ per k.