Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouches for my CZ 75...

lugnut

I purchased the Comp-Tac singles for competition... however not matter how I set then up on my belt... it never fails- every other time when I grab one quick they jam and get stuck. Seems like the tops of the pouches can't inward to my body so if pull straight up... they get stuck. Sure I can get them out put they are a PITA to get out. I've been trying to pull them in AND up- that does work but I have to retrain myself.

I've used the Ready Tactical pouches for my Glocks and LOVE them. They don't make them for the CZ mags. I tried the ones for the M&P mags- and they work but are dangerously loose.

I'd be curious to see what you guys are using/doing.

I've got the CZ 75 Shadow T.

I use the Ready Tactical pouches. I bought them from forum sponsor CPWSA.

Just tell them you need CZ pouches( they fit a few other guns)

They work perfectly.

I think there are some in the classifieds now...

BTW, I also use Ready Tac SS pouches...6 fit on the belt where only 5 of anything else would.

I've been using Uncle Mike's double pouches for the past year (I know, low-budget solution at the time), and they've worked fine once I did some modifications to them. They're cheap and available at pretty much all the big box sporting goods stores.

I recently bought some CR Speed pouches for my CTS, and have been starting to mess with those in for my Shadow in Production as well. With the CZ insert they work great, and I like being able to adjust the tension of the mags individually.

I wish I knew that RT made them for the CZ 75 in the first place! Damn it. I did go measure the mags from a Sig and they are almost identical to the CZ mags! Damn, damn, damn! I'll see what I can do with the CompTacs for a bit but at least I know there are options. The CR Speeds aren't viable as I play both USPSA and IDPA.

Thanks!!

I love my belt feed from comptac. I'm skinny so belt space is at a premium. I've never had an issue like yours.

I'm not so skinny... you picking on me?? roflol.gif

I ment the sticking issue. However I do have a problem typing faster than I can think. If only I could apply that to shooting ...

Edited by rhgunguy

• 3 months later...

Best? Well, with no price limit the DAA aluminum Racemaster top my list and I have tried almost all of them. By far the smoothest releasing pouch. Like I said they aren't cheap so for Production I just run 3 and use my CR Speeds (which are pretty good in their own right) in the number 4 and 5 spot.

I have the DAA Race Master aluminum pouches and I like them. Purchased Ghost 360 pouches as my practice/back-up pouches. In short, I think Ghost has the smoothest release and the most tolerant draw. DAA has the best belt-attachment mechanism.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up some DAA Race Master aluminum pouches for my product rig and was almost disappointed. I had previously been running KyTac pouches for my Glock so I initially set up my DAAs straight up to mirror my KyTac. I found that the aluminum pouches are a bit unforgiving and any torquing while pulling out the mags caused them to bind in the pouch. They also feel large compared to what I had been using.

Once I took advantage of the adjustment options to position the pouches in line with my arm alignment and normal mag change motion the difference was night and day. Now I find the release to be very fast and my mag changes feel much more consistent and repeatable. I still need to get in more range time with this gear but so far I am really liking what I see. As a bonus, the pouches match the red Aluminum grips on my CZ.

I had the same sticking issue when I had my Racemaster pouches. That combined with the fact that it's hard to put the mags in the pouches quickly was the reason I switched to Ghost.

I've been very pleased with the Ghost 360 pouches so far. They are very fast, but still have pretty good retention. Plus the price from Shooters Connection is hard to beat.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but my CZ 75 SP 01 factory mags fit loose in CR speed with max tension and Mec-Gar mags fit taut in same rig? I like CR speed for squatting or bending down on stages the pouches are away from the trunk. Any advice?