Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range development/range management committee?

remoandiris

Anyone care to share processes or procedures their range has for a range development committee, range management committee, or whatever your club may call it?

My club just started one and I'd like to see what others are doing instead of re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks in advance.

The BOD I'm on has a Range and Grounds VP. He is in tune with codes, requirements, etc. He is retired so he spends a lot of time at the range. He oversees the one employee who maintains the grounds and is the point man on contract bids etc for more advanced work.

When we meet we discuss needed improvements and turn him loose. He keeps us in the loop and we vote as needed for funding etc.

The BOD I'm on has a Range and Grounds VP. He is in tune with codes, requirements, etc. He is retired so he spends a lot of time at the range. He oversees the one employee who maintains the grounds and is the point man on contract bids etc for more advanced work.

When we meet we discuss needed improvements and turn him loose. He keeps us in the loop and we vote as needed for funding etc.

Thanks Sarge. What about the process to bring new capabilities at the range, such as a new shooting bay(s) or moving a discipline from one part of the range to another, like consolidating various rifle disciplines into one section of the range; 600 yd rifle range beside a 200 yd rifle range beside a smallbore range.

Is there a club process to form work parties to clean up the club grounds or a specific range?

Thanks Sarge. What about the process to bring new capabilities at the range, such as a new shooting bay(s) or moving a discipline from one part of the range to another, like consolidating various rifle disciplines into one section of the range; 600 yd rifle range beside a 200 yd rifle range beside a smallbore range. Actually we are pretty much out of room for any major expansion. We have separate smallbore, benchrest, and 600 yard ranges.

Is there a club process to form work parties to clean up the club grounds or a specific range? First Saturday of the month is work party day. The VP R&G supervises and organizes it along with the one employee. We close the entire facility until 1PM and do work as needed. The rest of the month the employee and the R&G VP work on lesser projects. And of course all shooters understand that needed maintenance has a certain priority even if they are shooting, i.e cutting grass on the ranges. We are Blessed with having almost 2000 members and many of them volunteer there time and skills to help keep us going.