Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bladetech vs Safariland Retention Holster Question

Looking to get myself a retention holster for this years three gun season. Had a guy in my squad DQd when his pistol fell out of his holster this year at the FNH and figured I didn't what that to happen to me.

Been doing some research and have seen two predominantly mentioned Safariland and Bladetech. I would like to use it for 3 gun and also plan on shooting some USPSA this year.

I am considering the Bladetech WRS Duty DOH ASR and Safariland 6280.

I have a CR Speed Belt and shoot either a Glock 35 or 34. The 34 has Dawson adjustable sights and the front is a .285 so its higher than normal.

Anyone have thoughts on which one might be better for my purpose or they prefer?

Thanks

I don't know between those two but I just ordered the new Ready Tactical 3 gun holster from CPWSA (forum sponsor) for that very reason. The cut on the index is high so you get better retention on your pistol during movement. You can also get the higher cut style in their DOH, USPSA, or IDPA holsters.

Sorry I couldn't be more help with your current decision, but I'll have a good review of the holster this next weekend if you're interested.

CM

I recently got the wrs for my Glock 34. Great holster for the game. The retention hood is spring loaded and pops out of the way quickly. The safariland needs a downward and forward push to clear it.

I just sold a 6280 that I was trying out. Draw didn't seem as smooth with the lining of the 6280. The retention hood wasn't that big of a deal.

The WSR is pretty much a DOH (that everybody is familiar with) with a retention hood. I really like it so far. With 10-15 minutes of dryfire, I was able to get my draw in the 1 to 1.15 range, which is plenty fast for the game.

2 years ago, when I first started to shoot 3gun at my very first match (state level) Pistol flopped out of my holster as I slammed into a prone position, luckily since it was a unloaded start I was only penalized +20secs, but that put me in a panic buy and I purchased a WRS for my M&P. I loved the retention of that thing, even unhooded it had greater retention then the ICE I was using. If they sold one for a Open gun, no dought I would buy another one.

I left BaldeTech for Safariland gear.

It ended up being a no brainer for me. i use the ELS system for everything.

i just shot a pistol, rifle, shotgun stage in a small 3gun club match. The pistol and rifle were unloaded with shooting the shotgun first on 3 steel and 6 clays and three flippers. Having an easy easy way to carry everything was great.

My XD had no hope of coming out except when drawn by me.

I have a Blade Tech WRS for my Glock 34 but the hood won't clear the Warren/Sevigny sights. Hangs up about 50% of the time. The Dawsons I doubt would do any better.

Weird, I run Warren/Sevigny's on all my Glocks. No hanging up with mine. The other guy I know who runs a WRS clears his Dawson's just fine.

• 11 months later...

I may have to ping them as well. Although the CZ-97 is a bit more of an oddball.

According to a conversation I had with a Blade Tech rep, if they have made a holster for the pistol then they can make any holster they have as they already have the mold.

I'm confident they have a mold for the CZ 97