Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pelican/Starlight Type Case

I've poked around with search and haven't found quite what I'm looking for. I have been playing around with a pelican 1750 that I have laying around and can't find a way to fit my rifle, pistol, and shotgun into it. I am looking for something more secure than a soft case, and one that I could use for air travel as well. My hope was to wedge all 3 guns in one case, and then eventually have another case for the backups. However, I can't seem to make them fit. What I'm looking for is pictures of others setups. I am leaning toward using this case: http://www.opticsplanet.net/stralight-cases-6x13x52-box-strong-rifle-pistols-foam-nofoam-061352.html

And the guns are an 18" ar with Z6i, 2011, and a 45" SLP.

Thanks

Best way I have found is to pull the foam out and use a soft case inside.

This is a 42" 5.11 double gun soft case. I stick the pistol in either a hard case or a pistol rug and put it at the end of the soft case. I think this Starlight case measures 52" long.

399830665.jpg

Break the guns down for air travel. Look at the specifications for height, width, and thickness allowed for airlines, as well as weight. This is what I use My link, A Storm 3100. Try to think of carrying a bag and a gun case through airports to check - in. Out to rental. Trying to get full length guns into a case and lugging it around is too heavy and set you up for some large overage charges if they so decide.

Break the guns down for air travel. Look at the specifications for height, width, and thickness allowed for airlines, as well as weight. This is what I use My link, A Storm 3100. Try to think of carrying a bag and a gun case through airports to check - in. Out to rental. Trying to get full length guns into a case and lugging it around is too heavy and set you up for some large overage charges if they so decide.

Your link does not go to a product. I'd like to see what you use.

Your link does not go to a product. I'd like to see what you use.

It used to. Type storm 3100 in the search space. I'll try to put in a picture after work.

Best way I have found is to pull the foam out and use a soft case inside.

+1. i've got a a pelican 1750 and voodoo tactical 46" bag, holds 18" tacopt rifle, 24" benelli, 6" STI, and all the mags.

If i had it to do over again, i'd choose a STARLIGHT case instead.

Yeah. But if you don't fly Southwest-problems. I have and I know a bunch of guys that have been gigged on size and weight flying to and from matches. Sometimes adds 300-400 to your ticket. I have a 3300, just don't fly with it anymore.

This is Delta's definition of 'standard'

50 lbs (23 kg)

62 inches (157 cm) when you total length+width+height

So the 1750 .. 54"x16x6" - might trigger it if they check that close.. I'll know going to SMM3G I guess

Anyone flew on them? Might be worth to buy a smaller bag and break down the long guns..

Check out Pelican Armory for all your rifle/handgun case needs! They have Pelican cases to meet any need you may have and can even cutout the foam insert to match your guns and accessories.

Mine is going to be the Stormcase iM3300 with custom cutout for my 18" rifle, a coupled 30 round mag, a 48 round mag, 21" M2 and my STI 2011. Then I'll have the Safariland 3-Gun Competition case over the top of the goodies so I have something to carry the guns in at matches.

Pelican Armory

Email paul@pelicanarmory.com with your needs and mention Team Sacramento Black Rifle to get the best pricing.

Edited by trickpony

50 lbs (23 kg)

So the 1750 .. 54"x16x6" - might trigger it if they check that close.. I'll know going to SMM3G I guess

Anyone flew on them? Might be worth to buy a smaller bag and break down the long guns..

I fly on Delta a lot. They will charge you, unless they forget. It's by leg, too, so if you switch planes, it's another charge.

50 lbs (23 kg)

I fly on Delta a lot. They will charge you, unless they forget. It's by leg, too, so if you switch planes, it's another charge.

Yikes.. do you recall what the charge was?

Jade: The Storm 3100 case... 39.80" x 16.50" x 6.70

Is that right? it's only 1" over Delta definition.. I'm guessing they didn't ding you with that one?

Edited by D.Hayden

..... My hope was to wedge all 3 guns in one case, and then eventually have another case for the backups. However, I can't seem to make them fit. What I'm looking for is pictures of others setups. ......

Here is a link to a picture of a Storm 3300 with 3 guns...

Link

• 4 months later...

Check out Pelican Armory for all your rifle/handgun case needs! They have Pelican cases to meet any need you may have and can even cutout the foam insert to match your guns and accessories.

Mine is going to be the Stormcase iM3300 with custom cutout for my 18" rifle, a coupled 30 round mag, a 48 round mag, 21" M2 and my STI 2011. Then I'll have the Safariland 3-Gun Competition case over the top of the goodies so I have something to carry the guns in at matches.

Email paul@pelicanarmory.com with your needs and mention Team Sacramento Black Rifle to get the best pricing.

I have been trying to get in touch with Paul at Pelican Armory, without success. Does anyone know if he is still in business?

Thank you.

I have been trying to get in touch with Paul at Pelican Armory, without success. Does anyone know if he is still in business?

Thank you.

I receieved an email from him on Monday (pelicanarmory@gmail.com). Good Luck