Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Indiana Multigun Series

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to point out that Tony didnt shoot today and thats is a big sacrifice in my book. I will be honest and admit I would have a hard time not shooting something that I put in as much work in as Tony does. Everyone should email him and thank him for being more concerned about the match than his own satisfaction of shooting.

We have other guys who bitch about what targets should be what, yet are to lazy or self important to ever show up to help with setup.

I hope that everyone had a great time. We truly appreciate the turnout, it is great to see these numbers at the club multigun level.

We hopefully will not have those kinds of delays again, once we have the correct number of stages and a better flow. It would have ran more smoothly the way I had it planned for 2 months, trust me ;)

I just wanted to point out that Tony didnt shoot today and thats is a big sacrifice in my book. I will be honest and admit I would have a hard time not shooting something that I put in as much work in as Tony does. Everyone should email him and thank him for being more concerned about the match than his own satisfaction of shooting.

We have other guys who bitch about what targets should be what, yet are to lazy or self important to ever show up to help with setup.

Thanks Kent, not necessary though, I don't mind making sure that there are no issues left that the club can complain about. More importantly, I don't mind ensuring that things run as smoothly as possible for you guys and gals.

That being said, I promise you it won't happen again. Next time maybe I can take a break from club-politicing and such and shoot, given that there were no issues and I have proved my point. A point which I should have never had to prove in the first place. I am through being nice. I figure that I have to be (somewhat) nice to keep my job, not to keep my volunteer position at a gun club. </rant>

Speaking of thanks, Kent, Mike P, Mike H, and Keith W deserve a hell of a lot of thanks for coming out and setting that match up with me on Saturday. Without them, today would have been a lot longer for everyone.

Tony and all who set up and ran this match, a hearty thank you!!!. Had a great time and appreciate all your hard work. Sorry the HP shooters screwed over your schedule and especially sorry you didn't get to shoot a match you worked so hard to set up. Jim Shema

I feel your pain Tony..... I'm dealing with politics at ACC as well. Not only do I volunteer to do this, I DRIVE 2 FREAKING HOURS 1 WAY to do this..... you would think they would be bending over backwards to help me out.... /rant

Reposting from INGO:

What the majority of shooters need to realize is, KNOW WHERE YOUR GUNS ARE HITTING AT VARIOUS DISTANCES and to bring gear that actually works. In the 3 years I've been doing this now, I've seen more times than not someone take for ever on a stage because they "THINK" they have their rifle sighted in but really dont, or they have tons of issues with a shotgun or pistol.

On some stages, if you spend 30rds trying to hit 4 targets, you wasted to much time and it doesn't matter any ways. If you have to put more than 3 rounds at any target, at any distance, MOVE ON, stop shooting, take the penalties and go on to the next.

If you EVER plan on shooting any major match, get used to par times of 100secs...... some matches give you 100 secs for out to 500, with the shorter stages being only 75 seconds.

The Par Times will be staying. Spending any more than 1min 40secs shooting a stage is way way way to much time.

Almost forgot:

As an irons shooter.. I REALLY appreciated the spray paint available for the rifle steel on stage 6. Thank you! :cheers:

No problem Greg

Yup, that'll be $5 Greg.

Jon is absolutely right about par time as is Tony. I hope and will lobby NOT to increase the par time. There was PLENTY of time. It forces you to shit or get off the pot in a manor of speaking. The guys who bumped up against it need to re evaluate some of the things already discussed on the forum that shall not be named. The par timer makes you run a clock in your head and fellas if your gear isn't dialed in or malfs don't cry, go back to IDPA. The stages were NOT overly long or elaborate. In fact I thought they were very simple yet added degrees of difficulty for all. The plate stage killed me and I think my pistol dot got bumped during the day. Oh well sucks to be me on that one.

I don't want to see this dumbed down to the lowest common denominator just to make a few guys happy. Practice a little if its just dry fire and mag changes.

IF you think this is that difficult maybe its not for you. Everyone I talked to liked it and the regular shooters appreciate the par timer to force guys to quit instead of dumping round after round. It keeps things moving and with that many shooters that is paramount.

Had the roof been available for the long bay as well you guys would have REALLY been crying.

Edited by Kent Grewe

Just to clarify, I'm not crying about the par times, I'm all for par times.

The problems I had, as I said in my post above, were all mine. I shot slugs

through a choke that I've never shot slugs through, and my POI was different.

Oh well, I took a chance and it didn't work out. At least I knocked all the

plates off the star, that thing and I have a past and now we're even. The other

problem was mental and losing track of how many shotgun rounds I had used

which cost me a whole stage. I'm glad both errors came in the same match!

Results from Sunday's match at Wildcat have been posted on IndianaMultigun.com.

Thanks again to all those involved.

See you all at ACC on May 13 for the next INMG Series event.

RZ

Come out and join us for Atlanta Conservation Club on Sunday May 13, 2012 for the next match in the Indiana MultiGun Series. It will be a fun and challenging test of your rifle, handgun, and shotgun skills. We are planning on 6 courses of fire.

MATCH DATE: Sunday May 13, 2012

Shooters' Meeting: 10:00 AM(Give or take 5-10mins)

Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

RULES: Indiana MultiGun Rules

Please see our website, IndianaMultiGun.com for more info.

MATCH FEE: $25 Adult, $20 for ACC Members(with VALID Club ID badge) $15 for juniors with paid adult. Half off for ROs. Half off for Saturday Set Up Crew.

Approximate Round Count:

100 Rifle

100 Pistol

100 Birdshot

5 slugs

Bring more, as it sucks to run out, but you can always take some home with you.

KNOW YOUR POINT OF AIM OUT TO ROUGHLY 30-35 YARDS. I will be using Newbolds on 1 stage for rifle. Also, make sure you know where your shotgun is with slugs at 25 yards, we will be using 1/2 size IPSC for slugs at ACC.

If you shot one of our Multigun matches before, you can expect this match’s difficulty level to be similar. If haven’t shot one of our Multigun matches, you may find this match to be somewhat more demanding than your typical USPSA or IDPA club pistol match— expect some shots to be a bit more technically demanding, and some shooting positions to be a bit more awkward physically.

Please see our website, IndianaMultiGun.com for more info.

NOTE: that all matches at AtlantaCC and Wildcat Valley are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. All guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns should remain bagged, or in a rack with an open action, and/or an "empty chamber indicator" (flag) in place. It is the shooter's responsibility to ensure that the muzzle of any gun is never pointed in an unsafe direction. You may only handle your gun only at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas. Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.