Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Indiana Multigun Series

Oh yea.

We are making a few changes to help speed things up. Every stage will from now on have a 180 second par time, finish in 180 secs or less, of you get lots of misses.

I really must stress that you be 120% sure of where your zero is for the distances we shoot. At Atlanta, 40-45 yards, for Wildcat, normally only out to 200, but on occasion out to 300-350, but we will let you know if it's farther than 200.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the thread about splitting squads into two halves? Half "A" resets for half "B", and vice versa. I think that might be a good idea, especially when it gets really hot. With squads of 12-15 people, you really don't need everybody resetting after every shooter. This should allow the shooting half to be ready to shoot quicker, gives them a chance to rest a little before shooting, and should help to get everybody involved in resetting.

Series Sponsors:

Platinum level:

- Fuhrman Precision Services, Inc

- Warne Scope Mounts

- AP Customs

- Triangle Shooting Sports

- Sinclair International

- Nightforce Optics

Gold level:

- Precision Reflex, Inc

- His and Her Target Sports

- CPWSA

Silver level

- Noveske Rifle Works

- Battlecomp

- Prototech Enterprises, Inc

- Plainfield Shooting Supplies

- Shooters Connection

Bronze level

- Freedom Firearms

- Lead Farmer Inc

Edited by jwfuhrman

Great job on getting the scores out quickly. Will the scores be posted anywhere broken down by division? It's really hard to tell where you finished in your division with mixed scores because it skews the percentages.

Edited by latewatch

Great job on getting the scores out quickly. Will the scores be posted anywhere broken down by division?

http://indianamultigun.com/2012points.html

Or at least I guess this would work for the first match.

That just accounts for the folks signed up for the point series, not all the shooters.

I agree, can we get a breakdown by division?

I do nothing with the scores, that's up to someone else.

We had about 3 or 4 people not mark a division on their score sheet. We also had several people who wrote their name so sloppily that it took several of us scanning scoresheets and emailing them back and forth to one another to try to decipher. There were also 3 or 4 people who checked a division on their score sheet that was not the division that they registered for the Points Series.

Setting up the matches obviously take a lot of time... however, it is all the "behind the scenes" action that is the real time consumer. Remember, we are unpaid volunteers.

Since we've been having to correct the errors that people made on their paperwork, these scores have taken 3 individual volunteers HOURS to do. Many of these errors have consequently dominoed into creating other errors in the scoring process which must also be rectified.

We will correct this error this time, and this time only. In the future- and this will be gone over during the next shooters meeting, incomplete or illegible, or incorrectly filled out score sheets, will simply be thrown out. It's not fair to the volunteers to have to solve these unnecessary, and easily avoidable problems. Nor is it fair to the other shooters that managed to fill out a simple form correctly, to have their results delayed being posted.

Since this was the first match, we are giving a one week "arbitration period". We will not be fixing your scores now, just to have someone else come out to say something similar, and have to do it again. Again, these scores take hours to do. We have lives outside 3-Gun just like everybody else.

Thanks for coming out, and I hope to see you out out at the rest of the matches..

Edited by jwfuhrman