Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

2nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

Presented by Brownells and Hornady

August 24-26, 2012

Last year the AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship set a new standard for national 3 Gun matches, so from the moment the last shot was fired, we knew we had to host it again. Announcing the 2012 AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship, to be held at the Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, Kentucky, on August 24-26, 2012. This will again be the largest multi gun match (500 +shooters) with an epic prize table! If you only shoot one big match in 2012 make sure it’s the Pro Am.

The 2012 Pro Am will use the same match format developed by NRA board member Joe DeBergalis, Jeff Cramblit, and the Rockcastle crew that worked so well last year. Gary Welborn has taken the helm as Match Director and he will bring his vast experience as an MD to take this match to the next level. There will be 250+ am slots and 250+ pro slots, with a Scoped Tactical and Open Gun division in each. The amateur match will be seven stages shot on Fri/Sat with trophies and a huge random draw prize table on Sat night. The pro match will be eight stages on Fri/Sat/Sun with a huge order of finish prize table on Sunday. We are doing the stage design a little different so expect a few surprises. Match slots are going to go faster than last year, so stay on your toes.

We will once again feature the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s Pro Clinics on Friday afternoon and the match will continue to heavily focus on sponsor side matches and sponsor demo matches to raise money for NRA Life of Duty charities. Each evening of the match we will have a sponsor dinner and other social events……a Rockcastle tradition. Last year several hundred spectators and 3 Gun fans came out just to participate in the side events and visit the vender tables. With AR15.com’s help we are planning for a huge increase in fans and spectators. More info will be available on the side events as the match develops.

Website info and details will be coming soon. Online registration is expected to be around Feb 15, 2012. Also, keep an eye on this post for match info and sponsor updates.

Please remember to support the sponsors that support our shooting sports. Their inventiveness and enthusiasm for the shooting sports is inspiring. The support they provide in the defense of our country and the 2nd Amendment is invaluable.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your Lamp is from the Pro side, an AM lamp means you SHOULD be shooting Pro next time.

Maybe I can get a matching KelTec. No seriously, it's the first prize table gun I've kept. Amazing match. Glad they are doing it again. Just watched 3gunNation last night featuring some ProAm JR coverage.

I just hope I can get in too! No seriously Gary has lots of experience and helped out at the match last year so I am certain that the snowball of success is still rolling and I will lend a hand where I can to make his job easier so let the wooooooohooooooo's begin and everyone get ready to help make it even bigger, better and get ready for registration

Coverage on 3 Gun Nation last night was cool, those Sponsor barricades look even better on TV :cheers:

See ya'll there

Jeff

Can't wait for this one...if anything like last years, it's gonna be fun.

it was a three day party! the match was fun to shoot but it was so much more than shooting, it was a great social event too. my biggest mistake was not staying at the lodge, where everyone hung out after the match daily.

I just hope I can get in too! No seriously Gary has lots of experience and helped out at the match last year so I am certain that the snowball of success is still rolling and I will lend a hand where I can to make his job easier so let the wooooooohooooooo's begin and everyone get ready to help make it even bigger, better and get ready for registration

Coverage on 3 Gun Nation last night was cool, those Sponsor barricades look even better on TV :cheers:

See ya'll there

Jeff

Jeff thanks, I hope we can get together soon or at least talk on the phone. The 2011 match ran so smoothly and was such a hoot I would like to get your advice for 2012.

it was a three day party! the match was fun to shoot but it was so much more than shooting, it was a great social event too. my biggest mistake was not staying at the lodge, where everyone hung out after the match daily.

I hope you get in Gerard. Bring me a cigar this time!

Edited by MBdocholiday

That was my mistake as well... It looks like the lodge is a no go this year as well. Apparently it is already booked. :angry2: We need a backup match hotel....

If Gerard and I get in we will have plenty of cigars.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

:cheers:

That was my mistake as well... It looks like the lodge is a no go this year as well. Apparently it is already booked. :angry2: We need a backup match hotel....

i need to get a conversion van so i can pass out in the lodge parking lot.... lol

If Gerard and I get in we will have plenty of cigars.

:cheers:

i need to get a conversion van so i can pass out in the lodge parking lot.... lol

G, ill drive your ride. I don't drink.